eConsults & eReferrals
The Ocean eReferral Network was designed to streamline the referral and consult process for healthcare providers without disrupting existing workflows. Clinicians can find a specialist, send a consult or referral, maintain a record in the EMR, and even track the status of a referral at any time, all from a single platform.
Note for Ontario Users: In Ontario, Ocean eConsults are currently in a limited release. For more information on eConsult in Ontario as part of the Ontario eServices Program, please review the Overview of eConsults in Ontario article.
Set Up Your Site to Send eConsults and/or eReferrals
Set Up Your Site to Receive eConsults and/or eReferrals
- Set Up Receivers with Ocean Accounts
- Find or Add Your Clinic to the Ocean eReferral Network
- Claim Your Directory Listing to Your Ocean Site
- Update Your Directory Listing Settings
- Update Your eConsult and eReferral Configuration
- Set Up Receiver Email Notifications
Guide to Sending eReferrals
Guide to Receiving eReferrals
Ocean eConsults in Ontario
Guide to Sending eConsults
Guide to Receiving eConsults
Advanced eReferral Features in PS Suite
- PS Suite: Advanced Features for Sending Appointment Notifications
- PS Suite: Ocean eReferral Custom Form Settings
- Using the PS Suite Messaging Module to Follow Up with eReferrals
- PS Suite: Tracking Pending Tests/Consults with Ocean eReferrals
- PS Suite: Attaching a Clinical Note from PS Suite to an eReferral
- PS Suite: Ocean Quick eReferral Custom Forms
Advanced eReferral Features in Accuro
- Sending eReferral Appointment Notifications from Accuro
- Attaching a Clinical Note or Document from Accuro to an Ocean eConsult and/or eReferral
- Save Sent or Received Consults and/or Referrals as a Document Instead of an Encounter Note
- Create a CDS Link to Launch a Specific Consult and/or Referral Target in the Healthmap
Advanced eReferral Features in OSCAR Pro (Well EMR)
Provider Network FAQ
- What do the different request colours mean in the eReferrals & eConsults area?
- What is the difference between a Health Service Category and a Health Service Offering?
- How do I set a Clinical Delegate user for my Ocean user account?
- Information on Rapid Access Clinics/Assessment Centres
- Can I include handout files for patients on my listing in the Ocean Healthmap?
- How does my Clinician Type impact my functionalities as a Clinical Delegate sending eReferrals in Ocean?
eReferral Functionality FAQ
- How do I use the "Await Reply" functionality?
- How do I resubmit a cancelled or declined eReferral/eConsult?
- Can I download a complete copy of the referral record?
- How can I communicate with an eReferral sender/recipient?
- Can I add notes to an eReferral/eConsult?
- Can I send messages and eForms to patients ahead of their referral appointment?
eReferral Workflow FAQ
- What is a Central Intake?
- As a Central Intake user, how can I determine the Requested Provider for an eReferral?
- Can I modify the eForm used during the eReferral/eConsult reviewal process?
- How to Manually Import a Sent eReferral into PSS
- What happens when an eReferral is sent with more than one Health Service Offering requested? (eReferral Splitting)
- Creating Inbound Requests
Wait Times FAQ
- How do I update the estimated wait time for multiple referrals at once?
- How can I ensure that accurate Wait Time information for my Health Service Offerings is displayed in the Ocean Healthmap?
- Managing eReferral Wait Times
- How are eReferral resubmissions taken into account in analytic data and wait time calculations?
- How are wait times calculated and displayed in Ocean?
- How do I add dates affecting readiness to consult/treat to an eReferral?