Note for Ontario Users: In Ontario, Ocean eConsults are currently in a limited release. For more information on eConsult in Ontario as part of the Ontario eServices Program, please review the Overview of eConsults in Ontario article.
Once we have validated your site, log in to your Ocean Portal and navigate to the Admin Settings page to ensure that your Directory Listing is accurate and that you are ready to accept eConsults and/or eReferrals.
You can now start receiving eConsults and/or eReferrals immediately.
Confirm your Directory Listing has been Validated
Confirm your Contact Information
- From the Admin page select the Directory Listings option to view and manage your site's Directory Listings.
- Within the listing, under the "Contact Information" panel, review and update the information that is displayed to sending/referring providers on the Ocean Healthmap.
Add your listed "Offers"
'Offers' are the health services that are provided at this Directory Listing. This list allows referrers to find your Directory Listing based on the services you provide.
A full list of Health Service Categories that can be offered can be found here.
Add your "Appointment Labels"
The appointment labels in the "Service Details" panel will impact the different appointment types that appear in the scheduling pane of incoming referrals.
Eligible labels include: Appointment 1, Appointment 2, Appointment 3, Appointment 4, Appointment 5, Initial Visit Date, Follow-Up Date, Consultation Date, Surgical Date, and Procedure Date.
The appointment label determines which appointment(s) are used in wait time calculations. The following appointment labels are associated with a Wait 1, and will map to the scheduledAppointment field in your site's analytics:
- Appointment 1
- Initial Visit Date
- Consultation Date
These appointment labels are associated with a Wait 2, and will map to the scheduledAppointment2 field in the analytics:
- Surgery Date
- Procedure Date
- You can only have one appointment label associated with Wait 1, and only one associated with a Wait 2, on a single consult and/or referral, otherwise Ocean will default to using the first appropriate label listed on the consult and/or referral.
- Example: A surgical office could use the Consultation Date label for their Wait 1, and the Surgical Date label for their Wait 2.
Choose your "Appointment Default Medium"
- Indicate the default appointment medium for new referrals sent to this listing. This will automatically populate the 'Medium' field within the 'Scheduling' pane for each referral.
- For example, if all or most of your referral appointments take place virtually, you may choose to set this to 'Phone' or 'Video Visit'.
Choose your "Referral Form"
Use the forms available in the Ocean Library or create your own then choose your form in the "Service Details" panel.
Add your Central Intake listing (if applicable)
Apply to Regional Authority (if applicable)
- If you are participating in a provincial program, you may be instructed to apply to a Regional Authority.
- You can apply by clicking 'Apply to Regional Authority'.
- You will be prompted to enter the number of clinicians authorized to receive eReferrals and/or eConsults at the Directory Listing. For more information on this prompt, please refer to this article.
Set your "eReferral Policies"
- If you're ready to start receiving eReferrals, enable the Accept eReferrals checkbox.
- Choose whether you would like to split incoming referrals with multiple services into separate referrals.
- Select if you want to enforce referring providers to sign into an Ocean user account before submitting the consult and/or referral (allows for messaging back and forth with the referring provider).
- Enforce if the referring provider must be a Family Physician, Specialist, or Nurse Practitioner, based on the User Role in their Ocean user account.
- Update your 'Manual Forward Policy' to determine which referral stakeholder should hold communication responsibilities for referrals that are forwarded to offline recipients (e.g., via fax).
Set Health Service Offerings to accept direct consults and/or referrals outside of Central Intakes (if applicable)
- Some sites that receive eConsults and/or eReferrals through a Central Intake may also want to receive direct eConsults and/or eReferrals for other services.
- If you would like to configure direct eConsults and/or eReferrals for specific health offerings, click on the offer(s) in the "Service Details" section, and specify your custom form within that service offering.
- Consults and/or referrals sent to your listing with that requested service will come directly to your site, rather than being routed to the Central Intake site first.
Save your Changes
Once you're done updating your Directory Listing settings, press the 'Save Changes' button in the bottom right corner.