Note for Ontario Users: In Ontario, Ocean eConsults are currently in a limited release. For more information on eConsult in Ontario as part of the Ontario eServices Program, please review the Overview of eConsults in Ontario article.
Once you have claimed a Directory Listing claimed to your site, and set up the Directory Listing details, the next step is to configure the site-level features associated with receiving consults and/or referrals.
1. Indicate that your Ocean Site is Receiving Referrals
- Log in to the Ocean Portal and navigate to the eReferrals & eConsults page.
- Select the Settings button in the top right hand corner of the page.
- Note: The 'Settings' button is only visible to Site Admin users.
Under the "Welcome to Ocean eReferrals!" section, ensure that the appropriate selection is made for how your site is using eConsults and/or eReferrals ('Receiving Referrals' or 'Sending & Receiving Referrals').
This selection controls the ability to access the configuration options in Step 2 that are only relevant for Ocean Sites that receive referrals.
2. Configure Referrals
- Within the eReferrals & eConsults page select the Configure Referrals button.
- You will be presented with the Referrals Configuration page:
- Health Information Custodian
- Indicate whether your site is a Health Information Custodian.
- Default Incoming Referral Notification Emails
- Set your default email(s) for notifications regarding incoming eConsults and/or eReferrals. Further details on email notifications for receivers can be found in this article: Set Up Receiver Email Notifications.
- Send Patients Email Notifications
- Select whether you would like Ocean to automatically send patients email notifications regarding status updates for their referrals sent to your site. The list of email notifications patients will receive can be found in this article: What email notifications will patients receive regarding their eReferrals?
- Referral Records/Notes Filetype
- Choose which file format you would like Ocean to download your records and notes as. More details can be found in this article: Can I change the File Format for Downloaded Records and Notes?
- Automatically Close Referrals
- Select if you would like Ocean to automatically mark booked referrals as completed, a specified number of days after the appointment date. More details can be found in this article: Can Ocean Automatically Mark Booked Referrals as Closed at my Site?
- Display eConsult Folders
- If your site is using eConsults, ensure the display of eConsult status folders is set to 'Yes'.
Appointment Time Options
- Time System
- Indicate if Ocean should display times using a 12-hour or 24-hour clock format, or both.
- Time Interval
- Select the increments of time that are selectable in the Scheduling area of a referral.
- Time Range
- Indicate the bookable hours of the day.
- Preview Appointment Time Options
- Open this dropdown to view the options that will be available based on your current settings.
- More information regarding these settings can be reviewed in the following support article: Can I Configure the Booking Time Options that Appear in the eReferral Scheduling Pane?
Once you're satisfied with your configuration choices, click the 'Save' button at the bottom of the page.