Ocean automatically calculates wait times on a nightly basis for each Health Service Offering in your Directory Listing(s). Ocean uses eligible eReferrals sent over the past six months for the calculations.
Ocean Site Admins can view and manage wait times for their Health Service Offerings within the Ocean Portal. This includes the ability to self-report additional wait time information for each Health Service Offering, and choose between displaying the calculated or self-reported wait time in the Ocean Healthmap search results.
- After logging in to the Ocean Portal, navigate to the 'Admin Settings' page, and select 'Directory Listings'.
- Select the relevant Directory Listing using the dropdown menu at the top of the page, locate the 'Service Details' section, and click the 'Manage Wait Time Info' button.
- In the Wait Time Information management area, use the dropdown menu to select the Health Service Offering from your Directory Listing that you would like to manage wait times for.
Currently Displayed Wait Time in Healthmap Search
This section allows you to view and control the wait time value displayed to users in the Ocean Healthmap search results.
- You can choose to display either the wait time calculated by Ocean based on your received referrals, or you can choose to display a Self-Reported Wait Time (configured below). Clicking the blue text allows you to toggle between displaying the calculated or Self-Reported wait time.
Self-Report Your Wait Time
- This section allows you to optionally specify a Self-Reported wait time to accompany your calculated wait time using the dropdown menu. Self-Reported wait times should be kept current and reviewed regularly.
- When a Self-Reported wait time is specified, the 'Currently Displayed Wait Time in Healthmap Search' toggle is automatically adjusted to display the Self-Reported value.
- In the image above, we can see that the Health Service Offering has been configured to display the Self-Reported wait time of 4 days. When viewing search results for the 'General Surgery' health service on the Ocean Healthmap, the value of 4 days is displayed accordingly.
Advanced Notes regarding Self-Reported Wait Times
- If you configure a Self-Reported wait time to be displayed in the Ocean Healthmap search results (instead of the calculated wait time), please note that this only takes effect for 6 months. After 6 months, the wait time displayed in the Ocean Healthmap search results will automatically revert to the calculated wait time.
- If you configure your Self-Reported wait time as 'Unknown', Ocean will display a blank wait time in the Ocean Healthmap search results and your calculated wait time will appear as 'Unknown' within the Health Service Offering details in your Directory Listing.
- You can configure your Self-Reported wait time back to it's default state of 'Unspecified' by selecting the blank option in the dropdown menu.
- You can optionally include a public comment regarding your wait time information to provide additional context to users on the Ocean Healthmap regarding your wait times.