These steps are for Oscar WELL EMR users, using Oscar Pro. Please ensure you have enabled Ocean Cloud Connect using the following setup guide.
Ocean Cloud Connect allows Oscar referral recipients to continue to schedule any eReferral appointments within their Oscar scheduler. From there the user can then launch the OCEAN eForm to update the referral appointments within Ocean. Steps to do so are outlined below.
- Make the desired changes to the patient's appointment(s) in the Oscar scheduler (book, cancel, or reschedule an appointment, etc.)
- When ready, select the OC. link on the appointment. If you have not setup this preference for appointment shortcuts, please follow these steps to do so.
- The Patient Dashboard will launch in a new window, and you will be prompted to choose the referral to update. Click on the referral that is associated with the appointment notification to open it.
- Quick Tip: All of the patient's future appointments from the Oscar scheduler will be listed. If more than one appointment is related to the referral, you can click each applicable appointment. Alternatively you can click the "+" icon to add a second appointment slot to the referral scheduling pane, then choose the second appointment listed to populate the newly added slot.
- Add any desired booking comments and/or attachments to the scheduling pane of the referral. Then choose Done to save and close the referral. This will trigger a booking email notification to the referring provider, and one to the patient, IF the patient consented to email notifications.
- Note: If would like to cancel an appointment on an eReferral, follow steps A to D above. The recently cancelled appointment will be listed in the scheduling pane with an 'X' beside it. Select it to remove the appointment from the Ocean eReferral. Click 'Done' to save and close the referral. Appointment notifications will be triggered to the referring provider and the patient, IF the patient consented to email notifications.