What is an eConsult?
An eConsult allows for timely access to specialist advice and often eliminates the need for an in-person specialist visit.
Why am I receiving an eConsult response?
- A subset of specialists are participating in a proof of concept that integrates a specialist-initiated eConsult response into the eReferral workflow
- While triaging your recently submitted referral, the receiving specialist has opted to provide you timely advice for your patient via eConsult
Where do I locate the eConsult reponse?
- You can find the eConsult by looking in your ‘Needs Review’ or ‘eConsult in Progress’ folder within the Ocean Portal
- The eConsult message will appear in the existing Ocean eReferral's messaging pane
What do I do next?
- You will have the option to communicate with the specialist via the messaging pane if you have any questions about the eConsult that has been provided
- After reviewing the eConsult you can choose to click ‘Completed’ which will mark the consult as complete and no further action is required; OR
- You can choose to proceed with the in-person referral request by clicking ‘Proceed with eReferral’ and provide the reason for proceeding
For more information on the Ontario eServices Program contact eReferral@eHealthCE.ca.