You will receive email notifications about the status of your referral(s).
From there, you can view and track the status of your referral from within your EMR and/or the eReferrals & eConsults View of the Ocean Portal.
Video coming soon!
Video coming soon!
View your eReferral.
- After sending an eReferral from PSS, the referral note summary and Ocean eReferral form are automatically downloaded into the patient chart on the date the referral was sent. You can access and view the eReferral by selecting the "Open" lightbulb directly from the Ocean eReferral form.
- The Ocean Toolbar will also update with a link displaying the number of outstanding (active) eReferrals associated with that patient in Ocean.
- Depending on your site's Cloud Connect settings, after sending an eReferral from Accuro, Ocean will download the referral as an Encounter Note or as a Document.
- If you have configured your Cloud Connect settings to save referrals as an Encounter Note, you can view the generated eReferral Summary as an Encounter Note in the patient's chart.
- You can view your eReferrals in the eReferrals & eConsults area of the Ocean Portal.
- To view the eReferrals that you've sent select the 'Sent (All)' option in the left sidebar.
Check the status of your eReferral.
- When the status of the eReferral changes, the Ocean eReferral form in the patient chart will automatically be updated. You can access and review the status of that individual referral at any time from the patient chart. Click "Open" for more details.
- To review the statuses of all active referrals for that patient, select the "View in Ocean" or "# outstanding" links on the Ocean Toolbar. In the Active Referrals Sent table, the corresponding status of each referral can be viewed in the Status column. Click anywhere on an individual referral line to open it for more details.
- 'Awaiting Response' and 'Pending Booking' in Ocean = 'Pending Specialist Callback' in OSCAR Pro
- 'Booked Unconfirmed' in Ocean = 'Pending Patient Callback' in OSCAR Pro
- 'Booked Confirmed' in Ocean = 'Booking Confirmed' in OSCAR Pro
- 'Completed', 'Cancelled', and 'Declined' in Ocean = 'Completed' in OSCAR Pro
- When an Appointment Date, Appointment Time, and optional Booking Comments are added to the Ocean eReferral by the referral recipient, they will be added to the respective 'Appointment Date', 'Appointment Time', and 'Appointment Notes ' fields in the OSCAR Pro Consultation.
- The 'Edit on Ocean' button can be clicked at any time to open the Ocean eReferral to view more details.
The 'Ocean Toolbar' in the chart will also be updated to reflect the number of active eReferrals for the patient.
Note: It may take up to 1 hour for the number of active eReferrals to update.
- When the status of the eReferral changes, the Ocean eReferral will automatically be updated in the Ocean Portal. To access the eReferral window, open the “Encounter” window for the patient. Click the “eReferrals” link on the Ocean toolbar.
- If you are using a non-integrated EMR, you can view and check the status of your eReferral in the eReferrals & eConsults area of the Ocean Portal.
If you've linked your referral to your own Ocean account, you will also automatically receive email updates when the status of your eReferral changes (i.e. if it's booked, cancelled, or changed). More details about these email updates can be found in the article "Where do eConsult and/or eReferral notification emails get sent to?".