Note for Ontario Users: In Ontario, Ocean eConsults are currently in a limited release. For more information on eConsult in Ontario as part of the Ontario eServices Program, please review the Overview of eConsults in Ontario article.
Configure which email addresses receive email notifications when eConsults and/or eReferrals that you've sent are changed or updated.
This article describes locations where you can configure your email addresses for eConsult and/or eReferral notifications. To learn more about the rules/logic that Ocean uses to determine which email address to send the notifications to, please refer to "Where do eReferral notification emails get sent to?".
- Several email address can be configured in the "My Account" section of the Ocean Portal. These will be the email addresses of senders that get notified about changes in specific consults and/or referrals that they have sent (e.g. booking updates).
- You can access this section by signing in to the Ocean Portal, clicking on your name at the top right-hand corner of the screen and selecting "My Account" from the Account Menu that appears.
- Email Address
- This is the personal email address associated with each user with an Ocean account.
- Clinical Delegate Email
- This is the email address that generally receives clinical notifications, such secure message notifications (patient responses, eForm completions, etc.).
- Referral Notification Email
- This is the email address of the sender that will be sent consults and/or referral notifications, such as eReferral booking updates.