Note for Ontario Users: In Ontario, Ocean eConsults are currently in a limited release. For more information on eConsult in Ontario as part of the Ontario eServices Program, please review the Overview of eConsults in Ontario article.
Ocean sites receiving eReferrals can access analytics data about eReferrals received over time by downloading a report from the Admin Settings page in the Ocean Portal.
Since referral analytics do NOT contain any patient health information, they are always maintained within Ocean, which means that analytics data can be accessed and downloaded at any time.
Ocean sites receiving eReferrals can access their Referral Analytic Data at any time, from the Ocean Portal under the Admin Settings page. Note that referral analytics do not contain any patient health information and are maintained within Ocean. So even though the Ocean eReferral itself will be purged from Ocean over time, you will always be able to access the referral analytic.
To access these analytics, follow the steps outlined below:
- Log in to the Ocean Portal and navigate to the Admin tab.
- Select the "Reports" section from the Admin Settings page.
- Under the "Export Referral Analytic Data" section, select the date range for referrals. You can either download data within a specific date range, view all data since you started receiving referrals to a specific date (select just an end date), all data from a specific date onwards (select just a start date), or all data since you started receiving referrals (leave both dates blank).
- Then select the desired file type. "All" will pull all referrals received by your site, including master, test, and deleted referrals. A "Clean" file type will remove these referrals, giving you a clean data set to work with.
- Finally, select the "Export" button. This will export your data in a .csv file that can be opened using Microsoft Excel. For more information about each analytic field, please refer to: "Supporting Analytics in eReferral eForms".
Note: Referral analytics can also be accessed through our Ocean API. For more details, please refer to: "Ocean Open API".