Before following the steps in this guide, ensure you have downloaded and installed the Ocean Attachment Exporter (click here to download CFM file.)
Ocean makes it easy to select and "green bar" notes in a patient chart in PS Suite that can be exported as a PDF file that is saved on your computer's desktop. The file can then be uploaded to an eReferral sent through the Ocean Healthmap.
To attach a note from PS Suite to an eReferral:
- Find the note(s) in the patient's chart that you want to generate as a PDF attachment.
- Check the checkbox next to the note to enable the “green bar”.
- Click on the paperclip attachment icon on the Ocean custom form (next to “Email Patient”) or the "Attach" link on the Ocean Toolbar.
- This will generate a temporary PDF file that is saved to your computer's desktop (this file will be automatically deleted after 15 minutes and/or when you exit PS Suite).
- The PDF file can now be opened, printed, and/or attached to an Ocean eReferral.
Quick Tip: If you "green bar" an item and then select "Refer" on the Ocean Toolbar to initiate a referral, the attachment will automatically get generated to attach to the referral (without having to click the "Attach/Paperclip" link).
To customize the settings of the Ocean Attachment Exporter form:
- In the Settings window, select "Change the Export Directory..." and choose the desired location for exported attachments. By default, attachments will be saved to your desktop. Changes made to this setting are computer-specific.
- Select "Toggle the Prompt to Export Lab Table" if you would like to be prompted to include the lab table each time an attachment is generated.
- Select "Toggle the Display of the Export Information Message" if you would like to show the user an explanatory message about the attachment, after the export is finished.