- When sending an Ocean eReferral from PS Suite, you have the option of tracking the referral through the green "Pending Tests/Consults" module in PS Suite.
- This module will allow you to quickly search for patients whose tests or referrals are still outstanding, including Ocean eReferrals, among the other tests and/or referrals ordered from your EMR.
- As Ocean eReferrals are typically marked completed when the patient has been seen for their appointment, this module also helps you track when the actual consult note or report has been received from the recipient site.
To turn this feature on, please follow the steps outlined below.
- Open the Ocean eReferral custom form, or find an existing form in a patient chart, and click the "Settings" button.
- Once configured, the next time you send a referral, a green "Pending Tests/Consults" note will be added to the patient chart, along with the referral note and Ocean eReferral custom form. The category that the test/consult falls under will be dependent on the Ocean Health Service selected on the referral.
Note: After the Ocean eReferral form has added the pending test/consult to the chart, it will not be automatically updated with the referral status updates on the Ocean eReferral form. Therefore it is up to the user who receives the notifications about the referral to manually update the pending test/consult throughout the referral life cycle.
To date, the following test categories have been set up and linked to their corresponding Ocean Health Service:
- Bone Mineral Density
- LLS Chiropody Podiatry
Note: If Ocean cannot find a particular PS Suite category that matches with the Ocean health service selected on the referral, then it will default to using the miscellaneous/consult category.