Ocean can search for Generated Letters with attachments, in a patient chart in Accuro, and upload them directly to Ocean. The file can then be automatically included in an eConsult and/or eReferral sent through the Ocean Healthmap.
To attach a note or document from Accuro:
- Select the patient in Accuro that you wish to generate an attachment in Ocean for.
- Quick Tip: You can use EMR shortcuts, such as Ctrl+F11, to open a New Clinical Note from any section of Accuro, as long as you have the patient selected first.
- Leave the note body blank, optionally specify a filename for your attachment by using the 'Title' field, and then press Generate Letter in the bottom right.
- In the letter window, ensure you have the correct Provider selected in the top left, then go to the Attachments pane and click the green plus icon to add an attachment.
- In the Select Attachments window, choose the Clinic Notes, Letters, Forms, Documents, and/or Labs from the patient chart that you would like included, and then select OK.
- You should now see the list of desired attachments in the Attachments pane. Select Save to Chart as PDF and click Apply.
- Once attachments have been applied, choose Send Letter and click Yes to confirm you would like to save the letter with attachments, and no recipient, to the patient's Virtual Chart.
- In the Letter/Fax Recipients window that appears you can choose to add a new Referral Order, or include a Coversheet, and then click Send.
You can now choose your Refer CDS button or link to launch the Ocean Healthmap. Choose the desired listing and select to Send eReferral.
Ocean will look in the Accuro chart for any unused generated letters with the current date to upload and automatically include as an attachment on the referral form.
- You can preview your attachment by clicking on the purple “eye” icon, or remove it by clicking on the “X” icon.
- If you remove an attachment and would like to add it to the consult and/or referral again, select the Add Attachments button at the bottom of the consult or referral. A list of any attachments uploaded to Ocean for that patient will appear. Choose a file from the list or choose “Select Local File...” to browse for a file on your computer.
- Quick Tip: If would like to include additional attachments to an eConsult/eReferral that has already been sent, follow steps A to G above. Then open the sent eConsult and/or eReferral using the "Patient Dashboard" CDS link. Choose the desired consult and/or referral and scroll down to the Messaging pane and click "Add Attachments". Select the desired attachment from the list and click "Send".