To easily access Ocean directly within Accuro, you will want to set up CDS (Clinical Decision Support) links to various Ocean products or services.
What You Can Do with CDS Links
The CDS (Clinical Decision Support) option in Accuro's quick action menu provides a convenient user interface for interacting with Ocean directly within Accuro.
Using the CDS feature, Accuro users can add hyperlinks to Ocean that support single-sign-on (SSO) with automated patient-specific requests for interacting with Ocean.
For example, a user can configure a CDS link to automatically sign into Ocean and load a patient in order to:
- Send a secure message or questionnaire to a patient, with the patient's email and related information pre-populated
- Add a specific eForm for the patient to complete on the Ocean Tablet
- Open a PHQ-9 form for completion directly on their computer's web browser
- Send an eReferral for a patient
- View all active eReferrals for a patient
- Open the site's Ocean Portal to view the scheduler
Prerequisites for Getting Started
Before configuring your CDS links, please ensure the following steps have been completed:
- An Ocean user account and Ocean site is available.
- The Ocean site is connected to Accuro through Ocean Cloud Connect
Configuring CDS Links
Navigate to the “Configure Accuro CDS Links” panel in the Ocean Portal.
- Sign in to the Ocean Portal. Click the "Menu" button in the top left corner and click "Admin".
- Click on "Manage Credentials" in the Admin Settings page.
- Click the "Configure Accuro CDS Links" button.
Note: You will be prompted to enter your Ocean credentials (username and password) before continuing.
Choose which links you'd like to import.
- The "View Ocean Portal" and "View Patient Dashboard" links are the most versatile, as they provide links to many other functions for the patient. However, the other links can provide more direct shortcuts to specific functions.
- We recommend that site administrators configure their Accuro site to connect to Ocean using a Global CDS Link. When a global CDS link is used, individual Accuro users can benefit from using these CDS links without having to configure the links themselves.
Set up each link in Accuro.
To configure Global CDS links, follow the steps below:
- In Accuro, open the Accuro action menu by clicking the crosshairs icon at the bottom left of the EMR. Enter the CDS menu and select "Manage Global CDS".
- When the "Configure Global CDS Link" dialog box opens, fill in the following fields using the provided values from the "Accuro CDS Link Configuration" window in Ocean:
- Note: Ensure there is correct capitalization for all of the following parameters.
- The title of the CDS link. For example, "Ocean - Send Message".
- Copy and paste the exact URL from Ocean. Ensure there are no trailing spaces at the end of the copied URL.
- If you're adding an "Add eForm to Patient Queue" or "Open eForm" CDS link you also need to change the eForm ref (in this example phq9) in the URL to the eForm ref of the form you want to add/open.
- Parameter/Value Table
- Click the green plus (+) icon to add the four Parameter/Value pairs acquired from the "Accuro CDS Link Configuration" window in Ocean – siteKey, siteCredential, userID, and patientID.
- These four parameters must be defined in each Ocean CDS link configured in Accuro.
See the screenshot to the right for an example of a completed CDS link, for reference.
- Click "OK" to save the CDS link.
- Click "Close" to close the "Configure Accuro CDS Links" dialog box.
Test your new CDS links.
- Test your new CDS link(s) by selecting it from the CDS menu within the Accuro action menu.
Precautions for All Ocean CDS Links
Accuro opens the CDS Links in a stripped-down, minimalist embedded web browser. Although the browser is capable of performing most Ocean-related tasks, it cannot print, which prevents the printing of referral handouts and other actions.
Also note that he above links will include the shared encryption key (encoded after the anchor # tag). If you prefer to avoid including the shared encryption key for security reasons, you can leave it off of the URL by trimming the # character and all characters that trail it. If you leave the shared encryption key in place, be aware that all of the links above that included the key will need updating if and when you change your site's shared encryption key in the future.
Once all your CDS links have been set up, you have the option of adding shortcuts for quicker access to these CDS links. To learn more about how to set these up, please refer to Add User-Friendly Buttons to CDS Links.