Explore advanced features for managing your referrals, along with additional best practices.
Note: While this guide provides an overview of the main steps to receiving and handling an eReferral, optional information on advanced features and best practices is also available below.
- Viewing a Patient's Referral History - If you ever need to inquire about any Ocean eReferral(s) that have been received and processed for a certain patient in the past, you can easily look this up in the patient's eReferral history in Ocean.
- Adding Notes to an eReferral - The 'Notes' area within an eReferral can be used for general documentation regarding the request.
- Downloading the Referral Record - You are able to download a complete copy of the entire referral record at any point in time.
- Creating Inbound Requests - If your Ocean site receives referrals by phone or fax, you can convert these into Ocean eReferrals by creating a New Inbound Referral.
- Backing Up Your eReferrals - It's a good idea to keep a backup of all your Ocean eReferrals, as they are purged from the Ocean Portal over time.
- Accessing eReferral Analytics - Ocean sites receiving eReferrals can access analytic data about eReferrals received over time.
- Batch Printing Received eReferrals - If your Ocean site receives referrals and would like to print or download a PDF copy to maintain with your patient records, this can be done using Ocean's batch print function.
- Automatically Marking your Referrals as Complete - If you're managing your referrals in another external system, you can automatically mark your referrals as 'Complete' in Ocean
Tip: You can review the full eReferrals FAQ section for additional information on even more topics.