Patient Tablets & Check-In Kiosks
Patient Tablets extend your EMR, giving you a new way to collect and share information with your patients for administration, clinical care, population health and more, by allowing your patients to complete forms, update their contact information, or provide a detailed patient history from a secure tablet that automatically updates your EMR. Tablets can be used in your clinic's waiting room in our Check-In Kiosks or free-floating in your clinic's waiting and/or exam rooms. Waiting room check-in kiosk tablets can streamline check-in, reduce the burden on front-desk staff, and make it easy to ensure patient data is kept up-to-date and accurate.
Set Up Tablets
- Buy Your Tablet(s)
- Connect Your Tablet(s) to the Internet
- Configure Your Tablet(s) for Use in a Clinic Setting
- Install the Ocean Tablet App on Your Tablet(s)
- Register Your Tablet(s) Through the Patient Tablet App
- Disable the Google App on Your Tablet(s)*
Guide to Tablets
- Basic Tablet Workflow
- Quick Troubleshooting: Patient Tablets
- Helpful Tips for Tablets
- Accessing Tablet Use Data
- Customizing Basic Tablet Settings
- Upgrading Your Tablet
- How can I use Alternate IDs to check-in patients?
- Why am I see notes and/or demographic updates in the wrong chart?
- How do I make a form appear on the tablet automatically for certain patients?
- Can I get forms to automatically show up, based on the patient's reason for visit?
- How do I delete or edit a tablet rule?
- How do I prevent patients from misusing the Patient Tablets?
Set Up Kiosks
- Order Your Kiosk Hardware
- Assemble Your Kiosk
- Configure Your Tablet for the Ocean Kiosk
- Install the LAVA Battery Modulation Software on Your Kiosk Tablet
- Secure Your Tablets
- Configure Your Kiosk Tablet Settings in the Ocean Portal
Guide to Kiosks
- Check-In Kiosk Specifications
- Quick Troubleshooting: Check-In Kiosks
- Enabling Health Card Validation on Your Kiosk
- Basic Check-In Kiosk Workflow
- Kiosk Health Card Swiping Errors
- Customizing the Completion Message on Your Kiosk Tablets
- My tablet isn't working! What should I do?
- My tablet was deregistered due to a "Tablet Tamper Warning". Why did this happen and what should I do now?
- How do I get my tablet to stop autofilling information?
- Why won't the keyboard show up on my kiosk tablet?
- How do I turn off birthday validation on my kiosk tablets?
- How do I send my tablet logs to CognisantMD?