Once you've finished configuring your kiosk tablet and assembling your kiosk, it is ready for patients to use for checking-in for their appointment, updating their demographics, reading any clinic announcements, completing specific forms or surveys - whatever works best for your clinic's workflow.
Checking-In Using the Kiosk
- When a patient comes in for their appointment, they can check in by swiping their health card or manually entering their health card number on the kiosk. In Ontario, the card should be swiped with the picture side facing up and the trillium in the top left corner (see below).
- A successful swipe will display the swiped health card number on screen (see below) and then advance to your clinic's main page.
- If swiping a health card isn't working, please refer to "Kiosk Health Card Swiping Errors" for details on the different types of swiping errors.
- Note: The patient must have a green health card (i.e. not an old red and white card) with an undamaged magnetic strip on the back, in order for the swipe to work properly.
Completing Forms on the Kiosk
- After a successful swipe, patients will be able to use the kiosk tablet's touch screen to complete forms that you have previously defined for your kiosk tablet (just like a free-floating Ocean tablet). This includes demographic updates, any custom eForms that you have created, etc.
- You can learn more about customizing these tablet settings in "Configure Your Kiosk Tablet Settings in the Ocean Portal".