These settings will be configured from within the Ocean Portal that you may want to consider when optimizing Ocean's performance on your kiosk tablet.
Create a kiosk-specific tablet grouping (in the Ocean Portal).
- Once you've downloaded the Ocean Tablet app on your kiosk tablet(s) and registered the tablet, you will want to create a tablet grouping for your kiosk tablet(s) will allow you to tell it "how to behave".
- You can do this by logging in to the Ocean portal, clicking the "Menu" button in the top left corner and select "Tablets & Kiosks". Click "Clone" (a) on an existing groupings. Once cloned, you can rename the group (b) to something like "Kiosk Setting".
Enable kiosk mode for your kiosk tablet group.
Configure additional kiosk tablet group settings and preferences (optional).
- There are a number of other settings that you may want to configure for your kiosk. Refer to "Customizing Basic Tablet Settings" for more details about your tablet settings option. Below are some recommended settings that you may want to consider to optimize your kiosk tablet performance.
- Always Show Introduction Screen
- Enable this option to welcome your patients to your clinic and display clinic announcements or other basic information, including your clinic logo.
- Use Birthday Validation
- Many clinics enable birthday validation for kiosk tablets, as an added layer of security (to confirm the patient's identity). Note that if you choose this option, you must also check off the "Always Show Introduction Screen" option.
- Mark Patient Arrived
- Choose to check in your patients either right after they've swiped their health card number on the kiosk or after they've finished completing all their forms on the kiosk.
- Custom Check-in Instructions
- Choose to include a short instruction on the check-in page.
- Time out after ___ seconds
- Set this to 30 seconds to reset the kiosk tablet if the patient does not interact with the kiosk for longer than 30 seconds.
- Block late check-in after ___ minutes
- Check off this box if you'd like to prevent late patients from checking in at the kiosk. Enter the time frame after the scheduled appointment time that you would like to consider as "late".
- Block check-in if ___
HCV Tab (FOR ONTARIO CLINICS ONLY)
- To set up health card validation on your kiosk, please follow the steps outlined in "Enable Health Card Validation on Your Kiosk".
- Display a survey after all other forms are complete
- You may wish to enable this option if you would like all your patients to fill out a specific form before their appointment (e.g. email consent form).
- Hide Quit Button
- It is often a good idea to hide the Quit button, just to prevent patients from being tempted to quit out of Ocean before completing all their forms.
- Completion Message
- Customize the message that your patients will see after they've finished completing all checking in and providing all their information at the kiosk. Generally, this message will be something like "Thank you for checking in. Please take a seat and wait for your name to be called.".