Prerequisites for Health Card Validation
Follow the steps below to enable real-time health card validation (HCV) with the Ontario Ministry of Health database when a patient swipes their health card on the kiosk.
Requirements to activate HCV:
- Go Secure Username
- Go Secure Password
- Master Billing Number
Enter your HCV credentials into the Ocean Portal.
- Log in to the Ocean Portal and navigate to the Tablets tab.
- Click the "Edit" button on your Kiosk tablet group setting and navigate to the HCV tab.
- Enter your clinic's Go Secure Username, Go Secure Password, and Master Billing Number into the appropriate fields.*
- Save your changes.
Test your HCV credentials on your kiosk tablet.
- Go to your kiosk tablet and click on the Ocean logo (or cog) at the bottom left corner of the Ocean Tablet app.
- Enter your Ocean credentials to access the Administration Menu on your tablet.
- Select "Test HCV Credentials" from the admin menu.
- Once your credentials have been successfully validated, your kiosk is ready to validate Ontario health cards in real time.