Prerequisites for Health Card Validation
Follow the steps below to enable real-time health card validation (HCV) with the Ontario Ministry of Health database when a patient swipes their health card on the kiosk.
Requirements to activate HCV:
Any clinic physician's Go Secure credentials and Billing Number may be used, although a Clinic Lead is preferred.
- Go Secure Username
- Go Secure Password
- Billing Number matching the Go Secure credentials
(Note that while Ocean uses the term 'Master Billing Number', the value may be stored in your EMR as the 'Group' or 'Solo' Billing Number.)
Enter your HCV credentials into the Ocean Portal.
- Login to the Ocean Portal. Click the 'Menu' button in the top left corner and select 'Tablets & Kiosks'.
- Enter your clinic's Go Secure Username, Go Secure Password, and Master Billing Number into the appropriate fields and then press 'Save'.
Forgot your Go Secure credentials?
- If you've lost or forgotten your Go Secure credentials, navigate to the Go Secure Login Page and select 'Forgot your ID or password?' to recover your credentials.
- If you are using PS Suite, you may be able to find this information in the "MC EDT and HCV" section of "Preferences" (which you can access by selecting "Preferences" from the "Settings" menu on the dashboard).
- If your credentials are not present, navigate to the Go Secure Login Page in your web browser and select 'Forgot your ID or password?' to recover your credentials.
Test your HCV credentials on your kiosk tablet.
- Fully reboot your kiosk tablet and relaunch the Ocean Tablet App.
- Click on the Ocean logo (or cog) at the bottom left corner.
- Enter your Ocean credentials to access the Administration Menu on your tablet.
- Select "Test HCV Credentials" from the admin menu.
- Once your credentials have been successfully validated, your kiosk is ready to validate Ontario health cards in real time.