Once you've completed your tablet setup, you are ready to start distributing tablets out to your patients to complete questionnaires and surveys!
The steps below describe the typical workflow of a clinic that uses Patient Tablets for patient forms.
Add forms for the patient to fill out by selecting "Add Form" or "Add Favourite".
- Click on the patient in the Patients tab of the Ocean Portal and select "Add eForm...".
Obtain the patient's 3-or 4-digit Ocean reference number.
- Look in the Patients tab of the Ocean Portal, under the "Reference #" column, to obtain the patient's 3- or 4-digit number.
Enter this 3-digit reference number into the Patient Tablet.
- This will allow you to access your patient's forms by advancing the screen to your clinic's main introduction screen and/or your patient's forms.
- Hand the tablet to the patient to fill out their forms.
Review the generated clinical note.
- The Ocean-generated clinical note should automatically download into the patient's chart as an encounter note. From there, you can edit the note directly, if necessary.
- If any demographics information was edited these changes should be automatically reflected in the demographics fields for this patient in your EMR.
- Clicking this "Download" button will result in the the Ocean-generated clinical note being automatically downloaded into the patient's chart. From there, you can edit the note directly, if necessary.
- If any demographics information or mapped measurements was edited, these changes should be automatically reflected in the corresponding fields for this patient in your EMR.
- Review the Ocean-generated clinical note by clicking on the patient in the Patients tab of the Ocean Portal.
- The note will already be pre-selected, enabling convenient copy and paste of the generated note into the patient's chart in your EMR (if desired).