Ocean allows you to easily disable a tablet if it is no longer in use. Tablets can be re-registered again without losing access to tablet settings (which are saved in your Ocean site).
Deregistering Your Tablet
- If you'd like to temporarily suspend your tablet subscription for Ocean services (e.g. your clinic is closed over the summer), you can deregister your tablet from the Ocean Tablet Administration Menu.
- Open the Ocean Tablet app on your tablet.
- Tap the Ocean logo (or cog) at the bottom left corner of the main screen.
- Enter your Ocean username and password to access the Administration Menu.
- Note:You will need to have admin access to your Ocean site to be able to access this Administration Menu on your tablet (to learn how to grant admin access to users, please refer to "Granting Users Administrative Access to Your Ocean Site").
- From the Administration Menu, select "Deregister".
Deactivating Your Tablet
- You will want to permanently deactivate your tablet from the Ocean Portal if you are no longer using it for Ocean and/or if it has broken, was stolen, or was lost.
- Log in to the Ocean Portal. click the "Menu" button in the top left corner and select "Tablets & Kiosks".
- Find the tablet(s) that you wish to deactivate. Click on each of them and choose "De-register" to deactivate them.