- Site Name:
- This is the name that was given to your site by the person who registered your site in Ocean. You can change your site name at any time.
- Site Number:
- This is your Ocean site number. Keep this handy, as it will allow you to connect your EMR to Ocean and can be helpful for the CognisantMD team for troubleshooting if you ever run into any issues.
- Finance Administrator Email:
- This email address will be cc'ed on invoices sent to your site's payer every month. If your payer is the only person who is to receive Ocean invoices, you can leave this box blank.
- Clinical Administrator Email:
- This email address will receive any miscellaneous Ocean system messages, including, but not limited to, pending eReferral requests, study export alerts, Ocean reminder-related messages, etc.
- Referral Notification Email:
- This email address will receive email notifications about new eReferral requests and website form submissions. If this is the same as your Clinical Administrator Email, you can leave this box blank.
- Email 'From' Address:
- By default, emails sent to patients through Ocean will be sent from "email@example.com". If validated successfully, Ocean will send patient emails using this value as the 'from' address. Note that at this time, this feature is only available to sites with their own email domain. Validation is performed by querying the SPF record, which is a record in your domain's DNS settings.
- Email Friendly Name:
- By default, emails sent to patients through Ocean will be sent from "firstname.lastname@example.org". If set, emails sent by Ocean on your behalf will be tagged with this value so that they are more easily recognizable by patients. Typically, this would be your clinic name, but it can be any value. Emails will still be sent from "email@example.com" unless you are using the "Email 'From' Address" feature, described above.
- The province/state where your site is located.
- Time Zone:
- The time zone within which your site is located.
Guide to the Admin View
This guide describes the various sections in the Admin View of the Ocean Portal and their corresponding purpose and available features.
- Site Account
- Site Features
- Edit Delegates Page
- Directory Listings
- Website Forms
- Canned Responses
- EMR Field Mapping
- Accept eReferrals:
- Check this box if your site is listed in the directory and you are set up to accept eReferrals.
- Health Information Custodian:
- This option is only available for sites accepting eReferrals. You must specify if you clinic is a health information custodian.
- Client Type:
- Leave this as the default "Standard Clinic", unless you are a site that ONLY sends and/or receives eReferrals.
- Digits for Generated Patient Refs:
- This will allow you to change the number of digits required for Ocean-generated patient reference numbers (i.e. the code you enter into tablets to retrieve a specific patient's queued forms). Read more about this feature in I see a lot of patients and am running out of Ocean-generated reference numbers. How do I increase the number of digits for patient refs?.
- Patient eReferral Email Notifications:
- Check this box if you would like your site and your patients to receive automatic notification emails whenever the status of an eReferral related to them has been updated.
- Overdue Secure Message Notifications:
- This will allow you choose whether to get notified about all patients with overdue secure messages (using the "Notify me after ___ days" feature of the secure messaging feature) or only newly overdue secure messages.
- Require Form Memory for New Patients:
- Check this box if you have forms that require form memory (e.g. forms with firstTime tablet rules). Read more about Form Memory in Form Memory - Storing Form Values for Patients in Ocean.
- Restrict Ocean Online Settings for Non-Admins:
- Non-admin users are not allowed to edit the contents of email templates prior to sending secure Patient Messages.
- Allow Ad-Hoc Ocean Online Messages:
- This feature is only available for OSCAR and some legacy PS Suite clinics. Allows for pay-as-you-go Patient Messages functionality.
- Accept Walk-In Patients:
- When set to "Kiosk Mode," the Ocean Tablet application can also accept walk-in patients who do not have pre-booked appointments. For more information, please refer to the guide Set Up Ocean to Support Walk-In Patients.
- Use Test Mode for anonymous EMR users:
- When enabled, a referrer has to be signed into the Ocean Healthmap to send a real eReferral to a clinic. When not signed in, only test referrals can be sent.
- Enable Ocean Cloud Connect:
- This box is automatically enabled once Ocean Cloud Connect has been configured. If unchecked, automatic syncing of patient information between the EMR and Ocean will cease. For information on Cloud Connect, please see Setting Up Ocean Cloud Connect.
- Delete All Patients in Site?:
- This button will delete all the patients you have loaded in the Patients tab of your Ocean Portal. Ensure that all your patients' notes are downloaded before proceeding with this deletion.
This section of the Admin view lists all schedules from your EMR. You can Enable a Provider License for Patient Messages & Reminders here.
- From the Users tab, you can edit an individual Ocean user's delegates by clicking the "Edit Delegates" button on the far right.
A Clinical Delegate will receive patient messaging email notifications and will have the ability to send eReferrals on behalf of the Ocean user.
A Primary Delegate is a special type of Clinical Delegate. Primary delegates have the same permissions as a Clinical Delegate and in addition they will share the Patient Messaging license of another Ocean user. Each Ocean user can only have one primary delegate.
This section of the Admin view will allow you to set up the shared encryption key for your site and to access your shared encryption key in the future, after it's been set up.
This section of the Admin view is where you can edit your Organization's information. If your organization is connected to directory listings, the Organization Title and Logo fields will appear above the listing name in Ocean Healthmap search results. The Organization Title field will also be used to populate the name of your clinic when using text messages for Patient Reminders.
Directory Listings are required for certain Ocean products. You can create/configure a directory listing for your site by logging into the Ocean Portal, clicking on the "Menu" button in the top left corner and selecting "Admin". From the side bar on the left, select "Directory Listing".
- Contact Information:
- Basic contact information for your site. Please note that logo files are limited to 10MB in size.
- Service Details:
- Information about services that your site offers.
- eReferral Policy:
- Set up your time frame between which you want your referrals to be due or split incoming referrals into separate referrals (if you offer multiple services).
- Link a Google Places ID, mark your site as a Test Listing, or a Central Intake site (if applicable).
Note: You need to set up and claim your directory listing to be able to edit it from this window. To learn more about setting up a directory listing, please refer to the linked articles for setting up an eRequest link or eReferrals.
You can create/configure a Website Form Link by logging into the Ocean Portal, clicking on the "Menu" button in the top left corner and selecting "Admin". In the left side bar, click "Website Form Links". To learn more about Website Forms and setting them up, please refer to our Guide to Creating Website Forms.
Website Form and eReferral users can create and edit canned responses for submission and eReferral notifications. Login to the Ocean Portal, click on the "Menu" button in the top left corner and select "Admin". In the left side bar, click "Canned Responses". Once you've booked an appointment for a patient, you can set add canned comments that can be sent to the patient in advance of their appointment.
For more information about setting these up, please refer to "Creating Canned Responses for eReferral Bookings" (this article includes instructions for both website form and eReferral users).
You can access Ocean Reports by logging into the Ocean Portal, clicking on the "Menu" button in the top left corner and selecting "Admin". In the left side bar, click "Reports".
There are various types of reports you can run in order to export the relevant records:
Accuro and Oscar users can create/configure EMR Field Mapping by logging into the Ocean Portal, clicking on the "Menu" button in the top left corner and selecting "Admin". In the left side bar, click "EMR Field Mapping". More about configuring these settings can be referenced here: Mapping Answers from an Ocean eForm to a Custom Demographics Field and "OSCAR: Mapping Answers from an Ocean eForm to an OSCAR Measurement".
Login to the Ocean Portal. Click the "Menu" button in the top left corner and select "Admin". Click "Billing" in the left side bar. From the Billing section, you can choose a username to be your site's payer (this user will receive emails for monthly Ocean invoices), set up subsites (if you have different payers for specific users on an Ocean site), and access all your current and previous invoices and payment details.
To learn more about Ocean billing procedures, please refer to our Ocean Billing Overview.