Once your eRequest link has been configured, you can use the generated URL to publish it on your clinic website, to be available for your patients to complete online.
You have the choice of publishing your eRequest URL either as a link to an external site or embed it into your site as an iFrame.
Once you've configured all your eRequest settings to your liking, the eRequest will be assigned a unique hyperlink. You can publish this unique hyperlink on your website in either of the following 2 ways.
Post a hyperlink on your website to this eRequest.
- Look in the "eRequest Links" section of the Ocean Portal (in the Admin tab) for your eRequest hyperlink.
- Post a link to this hyperlink on your website.
Embed the hyperlink within your website using an iFrame.
- iFrames are special HTML tags that allow you to include secure content from another site within your own site. This will seamlessly embed the hyperlink within an area of your website, allowing your patients to experience the form as though it were located directly on your site.
To add the portal to your own website using an iFrame, paste in the following HTML in the desired location on your page.
- Change the YOUR_OCEAN_WEBSITE_URL above to the URL you created in the previous step.
- Note that the "script" tags included above are optional, but they ensure that the iFrame will automatically resize itself to be the height of the questionnaire on the page.
- Try out the link to your page once you’ve done this.
If you examine the HTML source of the page, you’ll find a link to the iFrame like this:
<iframe style="border: none; min-height: 300px;" src="https://ocean.cognisantmd.com/eRequest/70d9ae78-4999-4339-ad84-abc0438a0485" width="100%" height="1500px"></iframe>
- Note that the outer website is cognisantmd.com, but the questionnaire portal itself is hosted on ocean.cognisantmd.com.