If you are planning on using Patient Reminders, Ocean is able to mark your patient appointments with an "Ocean Reminder Sent" status, once they've been sent an automated appointment reminder email through Ocean. This feature is separate from Ocean eReferral appointment emails, and requires users to have a patient messaging and reminders licence.
In order to enable this, you will need to create a custom Ocean-related status in your Accuro EMR.
This step is an optional part of setting up the integration between QHR Accuro and Ocean, for users who have a patient messaging and reminders licence.
Ocean can automatically trigger a custom status in Accuro to provide a visual indication when a patient reminder has been sent to the patient.
Configure your custom statuses in Accuro.
- From the Accuro EMR, click the Accuro (target) logo in the bottom left and type "status" in the search box.
- Select "Manage Priorities, Reasons and Statuses".
- At the bottom of the Status area, click on the green plus (+) sign to add a new status.
- Enter a name for your status, such as "Ocean Reminder Sent".
Double-click on the box under the Abbr column to select an abbreviation for the status.
Note: Abbreviations must be at least one capital letter in length.
Double-click on the box under the Icon column to select the custom status shape.
Note: If an abbreviation has been set, an icon is optional.
- Double-click on the box under the Colour column to choose a colour for the status.
- Click 'Apply'.
Confirm your custom statuses in Ocean Cloud Connect.
After you have created your custom status in Accuro, you should confirm that your Cloud Connect settings match the custom status names you selected in Accuro.
- Log in to Ocean Cloud Connect and click 'Edit Settings'.