The integrated attachment workflow between Accuro and Ocean involves creating a new Encounter Note, and then generating a letter from that note.
To streamline the first step, you can create a simple pre-worded Encounter Note template and a corresponding Quick Action Button to launch directly into it.
1. Creating an Encounter Note Template
- From within a test patient chart in Accuro, create a new Encounter Note by clicking the green plus icon.
- Type the message that you want to include in the body of the attachment letter. This example uses "Please see the attached items".
- Customize the 'Title' field to reflect your desired attachment name. This example uses 'Ocean Attachments'.
2. Creating a Quick Action Button for the Template
Note: Quick Action Buttons in Accuro are a user-specific configuration option. This means that each Accuro EMR user must perform the steps below using their own individual EMR user account.
- Select the 'Display' area, open the 'Configure Actions' tab, and click the green plus icon in the 'Selections' panel.
In the 'Select a Custom Action' field, select 'Custom Letter Action'.
In the 'Description' field, type a name for this button. This example uses 'Ocean Attachments'.
In the 'Letter' field, select the template you created in Step 1. This example uses the 'Ocean Attachments' template.
Click the 'Change' button to customize the action icon.
- Your custom action will be added within the 'Selections' panel. Click 'OK' in the bottom right corner to save.
- Your Quick Action Button will now be accessible on the action bar, and can be used to quickly create a new encounter note.