This version of the Ocean eReferral custom form will download, decrypt, and save the eReferral/eConsult messages in the chart when the referral is complete (the booking comments are already handled)
EMR Integration Module Release Notes
This section contains release notes for new version of EMR code plugins, such as the Telus PS Suite custom form.
- PS Suite Ocean eReferral Form 1.57 Release Notes
- PS Suite Ocean Toolbar 5.19 (Standard) and Ocean Toolbar (Minimized) Release Notes
- PS Suite Ocean Custom Form 4.03 Release Notes
- PS Suite Ocean Toolbar 5.18 (Standard) and Ocean Toolbar (Minimized) Release Notes
- PS Suite Ocean eReferral Form 1.56 Release Notes
- PS Suite Ocean Custom Form 4.00 Release Notes
- PS Suite Ocean Toolbar 5.17 (Standard) and Ocean Toolbar (Minimized) Release Notes
- PS Suite Ocean Toolbar 5.16 (Standard) and Ocean Toolbar (Minimized) Release Notes
- PS Suite Ocean Custom Form 3.98 and 3.99 Release Notes
- OceanConnect v58 Release Notes
- OceanConnect v57 Release Notes
- PS Suite Ocean Toolbar 5.15 (Standard) and Ocean Toolbar (Minimized) Release Notes
- PS Suite Ocean Custom Form 3.98 Release Notes
- PS Suite Ocean Toolbar 5.14 Release Notes
- OceanConnect v56 Release Notes
- OceanConnect v55 Release Notes
- OceanConnect v54 Release Notes
- PS Suite Ocean eReferral Form 1.55 Release Notes
- PS Suite Ocean Custom Form 3.97 Release Notes
- PS Suite Ocean Toolbar 5.13 Release Notes
- PS Suite Incomplete eReferral Form 1.0 Release Notes
- OceanConnect v53 Release Notes
- OceanConnect v52 Release Notes
- OceanConnect v51 Release Notes
- PS Suite Ocean eReferral Form 1.54 Release Notes
- PS Suite Ocean Custom Form 3.96 Release Notes
- PS Suite Ocean Toolbar 5.11 Release Notes
- PS Suite Ocean Custom Form 3.95 Release Notes
- PS Suite Ocean eReferral Form 1.53 Release Notes
- PS Suite Ocean eReferral Form 1.52 Release Notes
- Improved the reliability of automatic PS Suite custom form insertion and population based on Ocean eForm answers (particularly when more than one custom form is added at a time, such as two referral forms)
Improved the reliability of automatic PS Suite custom form insertion and population based on Ocean eForm answers (particularly when more than one custom form is added at a time, such as two referral forms)
- For PSS clinics that have more than one site, the Ocean site name will now show alongside the site number once the site has been authenticated or re-authenticated.
- Note: for existing sites, in order for the site name to display, users must re-authenticate by pressing the Settings button, then Advanced->Reset Ocean Authentication. This step is required one time only.
- The appointment type of appointments is now included with custom form-based patient uploads. This field allows clinics to use tablet rules that make use of the "reasonForVisit" keyword for both CloudConnect uploads and custom form uploads (previously the custom form would erase this value in Ocean when a patient was re-uploaded)
Note: v4.01 and v4.02 were not publicly released.
- In addition to the important changes included in Ocean Toolbar 5.17, this minor upgrade fixes a minor bug that resulted in the Ocean portal occasionally opening instead of the Ocean custom form when a user clicked on the Ocean Toolbar's logo icon.
- The "Referral Sent" summary note generated by the Ocean eReferral form will be created as a discrete note (previously it would sometimes append to today's progress note). It will also be backdated to the date the referral was sent if necessary. It does this by setting the note's date to match the Ocean eReferral custom form's note date (which should match the date of the referral).
- The final referral completion note now includes the referrer's name and the referral date (note that this functionality depends on the new Ocean server release tentatively scheduled for later this month).
- For sites not using Ocean Cloud Connect: This release has a minor change to backdate a downloaded note if necessary to the date the note was last created or modified. (Typically an Ocean note is downloaded and dated the same day, but occasionally a note may be downloaded days or even months later if the chart is not opened after the note is created in Ocean.) Note that this functionality will not be available until the next Ocean server release later this month.
- (For Cloud Connect users, the note is uploaded separately to PS Suite by the Ocean Cloud Connect server, typically on the same day)
- For sites not using Cloud Connect, the toolbar will now poll more frequently when the user selects an Ocean action for a patient. For example, if a user selects the Email or Refer button in the toolbar, the toolbar will poll every 5 seconds for that patient instead of the usual 30 seconds (since the likelihood of a note that needs to be downloaded soon afterward is high). In particular, this polling will help ensure that the notes generated by referrers or secure message senders will be downloaded to the chart promptly after the action is completed, rather than days later when the chart is re-opened. A related bug that caused the toolbar to stop polling after 5 minutes has been fixed.
- For Cloud Connect users: Fixing a bug that sometimes prevents the "Ocean Temporary Note" from importing when the chart is first opened due to a checkout conflict. The toolbar will now attempt 3 times over the next two minutes to import an "Ocean Temporary Note" before giving up.
- For Cloud Connect users: The toolbar will now set the date any imported custom forms to match the date of the Ocean Temporary Note. This ensures that custom forms populated by Ocean (including the Ocean eReferral form) will have the correct date, even when the Ocean Temporary Note import is done much later when the chart is opened.
The Ocean Toolbar v5.16 contains the following changes:
- Fixed a bug that prevented the "yellow sticky" follow-up message from appearing for certain Cloud Connect Ocean sites that use hospital EHRs. (These sites require reception to do manual updates in the hospital EHR for changing patient demographic fields)
The PS Suite Ocean custom form v3.99 contains the following changes (note that v3.98 was not publicly released):
This version of the Ocean custom form supports the shortcut used by the Ocean eReferral Appointment Notification custom form to assist specialists with sending appointment notifications to the referrer based on their PSS appointment schedule. (Please see the Ocean eReferral Appointment Notification custom form documentation for more information.)
- Fixed a bug that could prevent a custom form from populating based on eForm answers when two different eForms are used to populate two different custom forms as part of the same user session. For example, if two custom forms are added to the chart, the first custom form would be added to the chart, but iti would fail to set its answers based on the eForm values.
The OceanConnect v58 release is a minor release that adds preliminary support for Med Access via the TELUS API. Full support for Med Access coming soon to Cloud Connect, including automatic appointment check-ins (with walk-in support), demographic updates, rich-text notes, and much more!
The OceanConnect v57 release is a minor release that ensures health numbers are encoded properly when calling the TELUS API.
Ocean Toolbar v5.15 contains the following changes:
- The version of the Ocean Toolbar is now included in its custom form name, for easy review in the PS Suite's Edit Custom Forms dialog
- For demographic and CPP field changes imported by the toolbar (such as health number field changes or smoking status updates), the "FYI" note will now be added as a progress note instead of an "FYI" message
- Minor improvements to the stability and error handling for automatic custom form import population based on Ocean eForm completion
New "Ocean Toolbar (Minimized)" Toolbar
- Your site has the TELUS API activated via Ocean Cloud Connect (or the legacy Ocean Connect tablet)
- Your site would rather not use an Ocean-specific toolbar complete with Ocean-specific links.
The Ocean Toolbar (Standard) can be downloaded using this link.
The Ocean Toolbar (Minimized) can be downloaded using this link.
- A bug was fixed that prevented Ocean eForm answers from populating on the first custom form when two custom forms are inserted as part of the same import (for example, when the Ontario Perinatal Resources custom form and the Ontario Perinatal Record 1 custom form is inserted at the same time) (This fix is applicable only to sites that do not use Ocean Connect for their downloads; Ocean Toolbar 5.14 contains an equivalent bug fix for Ocean Connect-enabled sites)
PS Suite Ocean Toolbar 5.14 contains the following changes:
- A bug was fixed that prevented Ocean eForm answers from populating on the first custom form when two custom forms are inserted as part of the same import (for example, when the Ontario Perinatal Resources custom form and the Ontario Perinatal Record 1 custom form is inserted at the same time)
- For sites without Ocean Connect-based downloads, the toolbar can now automatically download a note even when a different note has already been downloaded for the same patient that day.
The OceanConnect v56 release is a minor release that improves error handling to stop further polls if the Accuro EMR API responds with SC_FORBIDDEN on an authorization request.
The OceanConnect v55 release includes the following improvements.
- Fixed an error creating new lab results via the Accuro EMR API.
- Removed office restriction for schedule queries via the Accuro EMR API.
The OceanConnect v54 release includes the following improvements.
- Improved error handling/reporting when authenticating with the Telus PS Suite API.
- Fixed an issue where patients with multiple upcoming appointments could have an incorrect appointment date set in Ocean.
- Sites can now deactivate the automatic follow-up message by setting the message target to blank
- Fixed a bug that resulted in some confusion regarding user-specific eReferral settings. Rather than displaying a blank or negative value, it will now correctly display the clinic-wide default setting when a user setting that has not been specified for the user is displayed.
- Miscellaneous optimizations to the chart "checkout" logic
The PS Suite Ocean custom form v3.97 contains the following changes:
- A bug that could result in a patient note or referral note failing to download properly or download multiple times has been fixed (support ticket 2912).
- A similar bug has been fixed that produced occasional error messages shown to the user stating "javax.swing.Timer" or "This is a generic Ocean eReferal form that is not intended to be inserted directly by you in the chart"(also related to support ticket 2912)
- Some legacy code related to patient chart checkouts has been removed
- The Help button now displays the version of the Ocean Toolbar and well as the Ocean custom form (useful for sites that have minimized or hidden their Ocean Toolbar)
The Ocean Toolbar 5.13 contains the following changes:
The toolbar will now re-upload the patient in Ocean each time "Email" or "Refer" is clicked, to ensure any patient changes made in PS Suite (such as the email address) are captured by Ocean
- The toolbar will now continue to function in "minimized" mode, where all fields are set by clients to be invisible using the PS Suite form editor. This allows sites with custom toolbars to effectively hide the Ocean Toolbar while still allowing it to perform its essential functions (such as note imports).
- Note: unfortunately, even when all fields are invisible, PS Suite will nonetheless show a small 5-pixel horizontal white bar where the toolbar is located.
- A "race condition" bug that could result in an update failing to download properly or download multiple times has been fixed
- A bug that could result in occasional error messages with "javax.swing.Timer" is (probably) fixed
- To increase the transparency of field updates, a brief "For Your Information" message is sent to the secretary when important demographic fields have been updated by the toolbar
- The population of an empty birthdate is now supported (however, for safety reasons, it will not automatically change an existing birth date)
- The logic that determines which fields should not be automatically updated at certain hospital sites (due to an external EHR management of such fields) has been moved to the Ocean Connect API handler
- Improved the description of field update messages for both fields that have been automatically updated as well as ones that require manual updates
- Note: Ocean Toolbar 5.12 was not released publicly
The Incomplete eReferral Form is available for download here as of May 24, 2018.
This form, once installed, should be automatically inserted into Ocean-enabled PS Suite sites when a user clicks "Save for Later" after initiating an eReferral using Ocean. It provides a convenient link to re-open the eReferral draft.
Currently the form requires a manual removal once the eReferral is completed.
The OceanConnect v53 Release includes the following:
- Added a configuration option for the Accuro API to enable/disable demographics custom field integration.
- Minor bug fixes and performance improvements.
The OceanConnect v52 Release includes the following:
- New feature: can now read (in addition to write) custom fields in Accuro demographics. Custom fields can be used to create Tablet Rules or default values in eForms, by using the keyword "@ptCustom.EMRField" (where 'EMRField' is the name of your custom demographic).
- Added the ability to filter by provider when accessing the Accuro API.
- Fixed a minor date parsing issue.
The OceanConnect v51 Release includes the following:
- New feature: now supports updating the HN Eligibility code in PS Suite with responses from MoH health card validation (HCV).
- Improved Accuro API performance by restricting access to the current office.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the "Remove" button from successfully removing the custom form from the chart
- Changed the behaviour of the form when opened in View Form (F2) mode, to allow new users to click the Settings button for configuration. Previously users had to send a test eReferral to access this button.
- Fixed a bug with the smoking status update that could result in a "never smoked" patient to be changed to "non-smoker"
- Fixed a bug that prevented provider names with non-ASCII characters (such as accents) from being passed properly to the Ocean server, thereby preventing uploads of new patients into Ocean
The PS Suite Ocean Toolbar 5.11 has the following changes:
- The emergency contact fields can now populate in the PS Suite Demographics window when the corresponding field updates are uploaded from OceanConnect. (Note: Unfortunately the TELUS API doesn't support reading or writing the emergency contact; consequently, even though the toolbar can now set the values of these fields in PS Suite, the values cannot be read back into Ocean for subsequent display on the Ocean tablet or in eForms)
- Fixed a bug that would sometimes overwrite a patient's "never smoked" status with "ex-smoker" when a form is completed that asks about smoking status but doesn't clarify the "ever smoked" status
- Improved the visibility of the Download Note button to assist sites with manual downloads when the TELUS API is malfunctioning
- Removed the additional "field x was changed to y" text generated by the Ocean Toolbar to reduce the chart clutter created by additional notes. (Note: you can still view the demographic changes in PS Suite's activity logs for auditing purposes)
The Ocean custom form 3.95 fixes a few regression issues specific to version 3.94:
- The missing Attachment paperclip icon has been restored
- The icon colours have been restored to their previous blue-grey values
- The Site Number label is visible again
- Increased the "clickable" area of the eReferral form's grey buttons, especially the Attachment button
- When an eReferral is marked as complete, the final summary message added to the chart is now more descriptive, including not just the referral reference as before but also the referral target title, the associated health service, and a note indicating that the receiver site has marked the referral as complete