The Ocean Server upgrade scheduled for September 9th, 2020 at 9:30 PM EST contains the following features, improvements and fixes.
- A new Review Mode on referrals allows users to click “Next” and navigate quickly between referrals with a single click.
- Ocean Admin users can now view and manage user’s delegates within their site. This includes adding users as clinical delegates, assigning primary delegates, and/or assigning users as delegates for specific providers.
- New settings are now available in the Admin tab for specifying the site’s hours of operation that will mitigate appointment scheduling-related errors and make it easier to pick the time of the appointments.
- Sites can now send email reminders to patients containing the appointment information using automated reminder rules. These rules are found and configured within the new navigation Menu option called “Patient Reminders”.
- The eReferral form can now be configured to suppress the Service and Referral Form Dropdowns when unnecessary (e.g. when the form has the health service offering selection embedded through the use of an item referenced “referralService”).
- The “Done” button on eReferrals has been renamed to “Save & Close”, and will display as “Save & Next” if Review Mode is enabled.
- The “Await Reply” option will now solely be found in a referral’s Action Menu, in order to move referrals to the Awaiting Reply tab at any time.
- Addressed a bug that prevented emails from being sent to new users to verify their email address upon account creation.
- Resolved a bug that caused the filename of attachments downloaded from Ocean into Accuro to be labeled as ‘null’.
- Resolved a bug that was preventing the confirmation status from updating when a referral's appointment has been updated and confirmed in the same referral session.
- The "Allow Forwards" option is now visible in the Integration Permissions Window.
- Referral email notifications are now sent for all status updates that are triggered via the eReferral API.
- Addressed a bug that was adding the name of a referral recipient that had declined the referral to subsequent forward events for that referral.
- Addressed a bug that was causing the eReferral filter to reset incorrectly after opening and closing a referral.
- The Patient Reminders product has been updated with a more user-friendly interface and location! It is now accessible directly from the Ocean navigation bar. It also now offers a landing page that includes a summary of the reminders sent in the past seven days (e.g. which reminders and how many patients received each one). As well, users are able to assign a user-meaningful name to reminder rules (rather than relying on the rule condition).
- The patient authenticated website form (which allows patients to securely upload file attachments) can now be used with OSCAR. (please see Note below).
- The Reminders ‘Force Send’ function provides status updates as it runs (e.g. sending, error).
- Ocean will now send an ‘Overdue Patient Response’ email for Patient Reminders like it does for Patient Messages.
- Users switching between sites will now be presented with the most recent Ocean view they were viewing in the previous site.
- Resolved a bug in the Reminders module that was causing Ocean to endlessly ‘spin’ when ‘Force Send’ was used.
- Addressed a bug so that a selected online booking time slot appears selected when the user navigates to another part of the screen.
- The online booking ‘Alternate Configuration’ feature has been temporarily removed.
- The ‘Export’ function is now available on the Website Forms module (bottom of the left menu).
Note: Ocean now has a comprehensive integration with OSCAR. This means that OSCAR users will have the same features for eReferral and Patient Engagement (e.g. kiosks, tablets, patient reminders) as other Ocean-EMR integrations The integration is currently in beta testing with a few sites. Please contact your OSCAR Service Provider for details about their plans to support this integration.