The Ocean Server upgrade scheduled for May 14, 2019 at 9:30 PM EST contains the following fixes and improvements.
- EMR Field Mappings in the Ocean Portal can now map to Accuro Lab Values by Field and Subfield, meaning single lab tests can now support multiple lab results. See our support guide for more information.
- Fixed an issue to ensure the Ocean Portal properly displays the Daysheet when a single patient has multiple appointments on the same day.
- Added support for sending multiple appointment confirmation reminders for a single patient.
- Added support for populating the @ptMemberStatus Keyword from an integrated TELUS EMR, to provide access to a patient's roster status.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent Ocean from downloading the full list of appointments from an integrated EMR, if a partial (delta) sync ran across midnight.
- Added a set of new Health Service Offerings, including: Intensive Geriatric Service Worker, Foot Care Nursing, Group Exercise/Fitness¸ Hearing Loss/Deaf Support, Intrauterine Device Insertion (IUD), Pap Testing, Endometrial Biopsy, FIT-Positive Testing, and Specialty Drug Patient Support Program. Also updated the aliases for a variety of existing Health Service Offerings.
- For Regional Authority listings the "Where do you work" drop down was removed from the Participant License Agreement.
- Introduced a new form item reference “restrictedPhi”, that can be added to referral forms to hide the “Personal Health Information that is medically relevant has not been disclosed at the request of the patient.” checkbox at the bottom of the referral.
- Updated the import window for Accuro users, so that after accepting a referral there is now a second line prompting the user with “The referral note has been added to the EMR as an encounter note.”
- When creating inbound eReferrals, importing a listing with an email attached to it will no longer tie that email to the referral.
- Fixed a bug where the description on a child referral was being wiped out by the review form.