Once you've completed your tablet setup, you are ready to start distributing tablets out to your patients to complete questionnaires and surveys!
The steps below describe the typical workflow of a clinic that uses Patient Tablets for patient forms.
Add forms for the patient to fill out by selecting "Add Form" or "Add Favourite".
- Login to the Ocean Portal. If you aren't already in the Patients view, click the "Menu" button in the top left corner and select "Patients". Click on the patient and select "Add eForm...".
Obtain the patient's 3-or 4-digit Ocean reference number.
- In the Patients view of the Ocean Portal, under the "Reference #" column, obtain the patient's 3- or 4-digit number.
Enter this 3-digit reference number into the Patient Tablet.
- This will allow you to access your patient's forms by advancing the screen to your clinic's main introduction screen and/or your patient's forms.
- Hand the tablet to the patient to fill out their forms.
Review the generated clinical note.
- The Ocean-generated clinical note should automatically download into the patient's chart as an encounter note. From there, you can edit the note directly, if necessary.
- If any demographics information was edited these changes should be automatically reflected in the demographics fields for this patient in your EMR.
- Clicking this "Download" button will result in the the Ocean-generated clinical note being automatically downloaded into the patient's chart. From there, you can edit the note directly, if necessary.
- If any demographics information or mapped measurements was edited, these changes should be automatically reflected in the corresponding fields for this patient in your EMR.
- Review the Ocean-generated clinical note by clicking on the patient in the Patients view of the Ocean Portal.
- The note will already be pre-selected, enabling convenient copy and paste of the generated note into the patient's chart in your EMR (if desired).