The Ocean Server release scheduled for Feb 15 at 9:30PM includes the following fixes and improvements:
- New feature: support for configuring an "overdue reminder" number of days. An email will be sent automatically to both the referring physician and the recipient if a referral is not booked with the set number of days.
- By overwhelming popular demand, we've swapped the colours on the referral target icons so that "green" means "accepts eReferrals".
- CPSO number in signature has been changed to professional ID to better support nurse practitioners and others that may initiate referrals, as well as non-Ontario clinicians.
- Adding a safety check on the backend to ensure that a user is a site administrator before allowing a change to the private key.
- Patient address information fields have been added to the referral form (they will be prepopulated by supported EMRs).
- "Quick Referral Form" and "Standard Referral Form" will no longer appear as options for the referring clinician if a referral target has a designated referral form.
- OceanHealthMap.ca no longer shows "home" as a navigation option (didn't really make sense in the anonymous user context).
- OceanHealthMap will properly restrict results to 100 (it would sometimes show more previously for some searches).
- Added healthcard VC and province to the referral form header.
- Minor changes to the email notifications to patients (improving subject lines, hiding fax field if not populated, etc.)
- Fixed a bug that would parse manually entered DoB's incorrectly in a referral form if dashes were used.
- Fixed a bug that prevented gender symbols from rendering in eReferral printouts.
- Fixed a bug that could still prevent saving a master referral.
- Fixed a bug that caused only one phone number for a patient to appear in the referral printout.
- You can now export all your Form Reminder notifications (which are often used as appointment reminders) for a given date range from the Form Reminders tab.
- Ocean will now track when a patient opens a secure message, not just when it is confirmed. This information will help clinics understand whether a patient has seen (technically downloaded to browser) but not confirmed receipt vs. simply not clicking the link (i.e. didn't see the email).
- Added a warning when sending secure messages with user notifications enabled as an anonymous EMR user (previously, these notifications simply didn't get sent -- now the user will be warned); see this article for more information.
- Major improvements in patient tab rendering; our testing shows a 50%+ improvement.
- Improvements to secure message display in IE8.
- Fixed a bug that would cause unrelated templates to change when changing a template for a rule in Ocean Reminder configuration.
- Fix to prevent infinite loop of forms with an eFormAction pointing at itself.
- Miscellaneous improvements to shared key handling in web browsers without full localStorage support, including a fix that prevented decryption of referrals in Safari private browser mode.
- New shared encryption keys now need to be a full 16 characters to further enhance security although we've eased the requirement to have upper, lower, numeric and punctuation to require only 3 of the 4 in accordance with standard practice. Existing encryption keys will continue to work as is.
- Fix to minor bug that would cause an error when generating a PDF with an invalid unicode character in a note.
- Minor look-and-feel improvements.