The Ocean Online Message editor will allow you create and save message templates, allowing you to have a collection of standard messages (with accompanying secure messages and/or forms) to send to patients.
You will want to create these standard message templates for more efficient and standard messaging.
Open the Ocean Online Messaging window.
- Select the tab that corresponds with the EMR that you use to learn how to open the Online Messaging window.
- If you are an Accuro user and you have CDS links to Ocean set up, you can access the online messaging window through your CDS link (please refer to this "Configure the CDS Menu for Quick Access to Ocean" article to learn how to set up CDS links).
Choose or edit and save your Online Messages Template(s).
- Once the Ocean messaging window is opened, a default template is automatically displayed. Generally, a clinic's default template is very basic, with a simple message in the email (i.e. no secure message selected and no forms attached).
- You can customize the subject header and email body to your liking and save it as your default template by selecting "Save as Default" from the dropdown menu that appears if you select "Templates" at the top right.
- Once you've saved your default template, you can create additional templates, which can be saved and available for use via the dropdown menu. To learn more about template management, please refer to "Ocean Online Message Templates".
- Optional alert settings and security/validation options can also be saved as part of a template. To see all configurable Ocean online message settings, please review "Ocean Online Message Settings".