The 'User Role' in Ocean is a drop-down menu of options found on the User Settings page. Individual Ocean Users can select the most applicable role from the following list:
- Allied Health Professional; Family Physician; Specialist; Nurse Practitioner
- Administrator; Executive Director; IT Support
- Medical Student; Resident
- MOA/Secretary; Nurse; Physician Assisant
Ocean uses this role in the following ways:
- When sending an eReferral, the User Role will appear in the 'Referrer's Information' field at the bottom of the referral form.
- For Ocean Sites with at least one Patient Messages and Reminders Licence enabled, Clinic Support Staff users (including MOA/Secretary, Administrator, Nurse, Resident, Medical Student, or Physician Assistant) can send patient messages without any additional configuration or licence fees.
Please Note: Changes to User Roles are audited by Ocean. Users should not update their role once they have saved it in their 'My Account' settings.