Note: You must be an Ocean administrative user to access Patient Reminders settings.
A list of prerequisites for Patient Reminders. When all prerequisites have been met, proceed to editing your reminder settings.
- 1 Enable Reminders
- If enabled, the system will begin sending out Patient Reminders on schedule.
- 2 Test Mode
If enabled, the system will send Patient Reminders on schedule, but using a designated (test) email address. This allows you to test your Patient Reminder settings for a period of time without emailing actual patients. Please refer to Testing Patient Reminders.
Test Mode Email - With Test Mode enabled, Ocean will send reminders to this designated email address.
- 3 Appointment Source
- Reminders can run from your EMR Schedule, or from Ocean eReferrals. To learn more about Ocean Reminders for eReferrals, refer to: Set Up Automated Referral Appointment Reminders.
- 4 Time of Day
- The time of day when your reminder rule(s) will run. If you have multiple reminder rules, Ocean will take some time to send out patient reminders (therefore, patients may receive these reminders after the set ‘Time of Day’.
- Click the Save button to save your changes.
- 1 Add Reminder Rule
- Click this button to add a new reminder rule.
- 2 Force Send All Reminders
- This allows you to send all reminders immediately (usually for test purposes).
- 3 Reminder Rule
- A summary of each reminder rule for your site.
- 4 Force Send
- This allows you to send the reminder immediately (usually for test purposes).
- 5 Edit
- This allows you to edit an existing reminder.