The Ocean Server upgrade scheduled for June 19th 2018 at 9:30 PM EST contains the following fixes and improvements.
- The map-based directory search engine now uses ElasticSearch for advanced geometric and keyword-based search support. This engine greatly enhances the flexibility and scalability of directory searches.
- Catchment areas are now supported.
- These areas can be populated for select health service offerings (such as those for Palliative Homecare or Meal Services) in the offering's configuration. Areas are defined as a customizable array of map polygons, providing considerable flexibility for disjoint and complex areas.
- Map searches for these select health services will look for health service offerings whose catchment area spans the pinpointed area of interest in the map.
- Directory listings can be sorted ascending or descending by wait time and distance by clicking on the respective column header.
- The appointment "slot" names for Appointment 1 and Appointment 2 can be reassigned to a list of possible names, including Surgery Date, Consult Date, Follow-Up Date, etc. These slot names are clearly shown in both the online view of the referral as well as email notifications.
- Scheduled dates for referrals prior to 2018 can now be entered for retrospective data entry purposes.
- Email notifications for appointment cancellations and reschedules have been improved to clarify for the referring site how these dates have changed.
- Email notifications are skipped when dates are entered in the past (as long as this change is the only significant change made to the referral)
- For clarity and consistency, referrers are now directed to their user setting page when they choose to edit their contact information, instead of entering it inline.
- Listings can now be categorized as a "Rapid Assessment Clinic", which can be used to set the "initialAssessment" analytic fields
- The referral analytics now have the following additional fields:
- used when a second LHIN or regional authority is involved with a referral
- Other improvements to the analytics:
- The initialAssessment fields are now set when a referral is first sent or forwarded to a Rapid Assessment Clinic
- The referrerUserName is set if and only if an actual Ocean user is associated with the referrer
- The referredByUserName is set if an only if an Ocean user was used to send the referral (not an anonymous EMR user)
- Significant backend changes to improve Ocean's EMR integration and appointment synchronization