If you have initiated an eConsult/eReferral but you require additional information before it can be sent (e.g. physician is waiting on a prior imaging report, or lab result to include in the referral), you can use the 'Save for Later' functionality to temporarily save the incomplete eConsult/eReferral in Ocean, and then complete and send it later on.
Saving an eConsult/eReferral for Later
In these scenarios, press the "Save for Later" button in the bottom left corner of the referral window.
Note: The incomplete consult/referral will only be saved in Ocean for 30 days, so you'll need to complete and send it within that time.
After 30 days, the incomplete consult/referral will be purged from Ocean, and the URL can no longer be used. A brand new consult/referral would need to be initiated.
You will be provided with a URL that you can use later to access the incomplete referral.
If your Ocean Site is integrated with your EMR, the URL will be automatically saved into the patient's chart for quick access.
If your Ocean Site is not integrated with your EMR, copy and store this link in a safe place for later use.
Accessing an eConsult/eReferral that was Saved for Later
To access an eConsult/eReferral that was 'Saved for Later', you can do so directly from: 1) within the Ocean Portal's 'Incomplete' folder, or 2) copy and paste the URL from the patient's chart in the EMR into a new web browser window, or 3) access it directly from within the Ocean Patient Dashboard.
1) Ocean Portal 'Incomplete' Folder
2) Patient's Chart in the EMR
Ocean Incomplete eReferral Custom Form (Optional)
- PS Suite users are also welcome to download and install the Ocean Incomplete eReferral Custom Form into your EMR.
- Clicking "Save for Later" will trigger this form to be added to the patient's notes in their chart in PS Suite.
- From there, the "Resume Completing eReferral" button can be clicked to open the saved eConsult and/or eReferral form again, complete the form, and then send it (versus copying and pasting the URL into a new browser).
- A PS Suite internal message (i.e. sticky note) will also be triggered to ensure it is completed.