You will be responsible for ordering your kiosk stand, tablet, and 3 peripheral items to be able to successfully complete set up of one check-in kiosk. You will also need to ensure that your EMR is integrated with Cloud Connect.
You will need all the following items to be able to completely set up one check-in kiosk:
- Kiosk stand (floor/counter top) (1)
- Tablet (1)
- Peripheral items *Note: only for provinces with a magnetic strip health card (3)
To obtain the above items, follow the steps below:
- Request a quote for Check-In Kiosk by submitting the quote request form (TELUS Health clients may also contact their sales rep to request a quote or complete the Telus Kiosk Request form). A representative from BlueBird IT Solutions or TELUS Health will follow up with a quote and ask if you would like to proceed with the order. If you are using a health card magnetic strip reader (not available for all provinces), please ensure you request a peripheral bundle with your order, which includes the item listed below:
- Magtek Card Reader
- LAVA SimulCharge Adapter
- 6’ extended Micro USB to USB charge cable for Samsung
- Order the tablet that will go in your kiosk. Please speak to BlueBird IT Solutions or TELUS Health to confirm the tablet model before purchase.
Note: If you'd like us to send you the above 3 peripheral items in a bundle, please indicate this on your kiosk order form.
Note that if you purchase your own Magtek card reader, you must update the firmware on your own, as outlined in: "Configuring Magtek Card Readers for Android 7".
Note also that CognisantMD is limited in our ability to support untested hardware from third-party vendors and therefore, cannot guarantee that kiosk card swiping and reading will work.