The next Ocean update will introduce new features and improvements to the Ocean toolbar for OSCAR EMR. This update will be applied automatically, so there is no need for Ocean site administrators to make any manual updates.
With this release, Ocean users in OSCAR will notice that icons on the toolbar have been removed, providing a cleaner user interface. Additionally, users will now have access to a powerful new "Patient Summary" button on the toolbar. This button will replace the "Open" button, providing a new, more comprehensive view while maintaining the functionality of the "Open" button.
By clicking on the "Patient Summary" button, Ocean users will launch a page which provides a comprehensive summary view of the status of a patient's recent interactions through Ocean as well as "quick-launch" Ocean features, including:
- A list of all active sent and received eReferrals and eConsults.
- A list of any forms that are currently queued for a patient with a quick-launch to add additional forms to the patient's queue.
- The option to complete forms in a browser window on behalf of the patient by clicking on a queued form name (replacing the original functionality of the "Open" button).
- A summary of recent Ocean notes, including Ocean secure messages, and Ocean form responses.
- A "Reminder Sent" indicator if the patient has been sent an automated Patient Reminder through Ocean.
- A quick-launch button to email the patient.
- A quick-launch button to access the Ocean Portal.