TELUS PS Suite Integration Set-Up
Learn how to set up your TELUS PS Suite EMR to connect and work properly with Ocean.
- TELUS PS Suite & Ocean Set-Up: At A Glance
- PS Suite: Part 1: Setting Up the Ocean Custom Form
- PS Suite: Download & Install the Ocean Custom Form and Toolbar
- PS Suite: Create a Reminder Trigger for the Ocean Toolbar
- PS Suite: Configure the Ocean Custom Form
- PS Suite: Part 2: Setting Up Ocean Cloud Connect with the TELUS API
- PS Suite: Upgrade Instructions for Existing Clients
- PS Suite: Enable Cloud Connect on Your Ocean Custom Form
- PS Suite: Add Your Ocean Cloud Connect "Mobile Device" in PS Suite
- PS Suite: Set Up Ocean Cloud Connect
In this section, you will install the Ocean custom form and toolbar, enabling quick access to Ocean patient forms and features, right from the chart.
- Download & Install the Ocean Custom Form and Toolbar
- To start, you will need to download 2 .cfm files and import them into your PS Suite EMR.
- Create a Reminder Trigger for the Ocean Toolbar
- To set your Ocean Toolbar to be visible and available to use for all your patients, you'll want to create a reminder for the Ocean Toolbar custom form.
- Configure the Ocean Custom Form
- To link your Ocean custom form with your Ocean site number, you will need to configure the Settings on your Ocean custom form.
- To complete this step, you will need to be an admin on your Ocean site, and you will need your Ocean username, password, and site shared encryption key.
Download the Ocean custom form and toolbar files.
- If the files do not appear as “.cfm”, right-click each of the links to and save them manually by selecting "Save As..." from the menu of options.
Open the Edit Custom Forms window in PS Suite.
Import the downloaded custom form files into PS Suite.
- From the Edit Custom Forms window, select "File" and then "Import Form(s)".
- Locate the .cfm file that was downloaded. (This will typically be in your computer's "Downloads" folder if you've downloaded the file recently.)
- Select "Choose" and close the Custom Forms window.
- Note: If you are performing an update to the Ocean Toolbar and/or Custom Form, please refresh or manually close and reopen any active patient charts. This will ensure charts are actively using the updated version.
Once you have imported your toolbar custom form file into PS Suite, you will need to create a reminder so that the toolbar is available for use in your patients' charts.
Open the Edit Reminders window in PS Suite.
Add a new reminder.
- Click "Add Line" to add criteria to the reminder.
- From there, choose some criteria to specify when you would like the toolbar to show. If you simply want the toolbar to show for all users and for all patients, you can enter some criteria that is true for all patients, such as the patient’s age being less than 200. Alternatively, you can add additional criteria to make it show only for certain users or certain patient populations.
- Click the “Show Custom Form or Stamp” radio button, then choose your toolbar custom form to show for this reminder from the dropdown menu.
- Click "Done" to save the reminder and close the dialog box.
Configuring your Ocean form will connect Ocean and your EMR.
Open the Ocean Settings menu from the Ocean custom form.
- Open a patient chart (preferably a "dummy" or test chart, or an empty chart).
- You will be prompted to create an Ocean user account (if you don’t already have one) or to sign in with your existing Ocean user account.
Enter your Ocean account and site information.
- Click “Ocean Site Number” to enter the site number provided to you by the Ocean administrator (accessible via the Admin tab on your Ocean Portal).
- Click “Settings” on your Ocean custom form again and select “Shared Encryption Key” to enter your shared encryption key password. If you haven’t already set this in the Ocean Portal, you will be prompted to do so first. This key will be stored secretly within your EMR, thereby preventing anyone else (including CognisantMD) from accessing any patient data.
- The other settings may be left as-is.
- Click the “Remove” button on the Ocean custom form to delete the custom form from the chart.
In this section, you will set up Ocean Cloud Connect to connect to the TELUS API. To learn more about Cloud Connect, please refer to "Introducing Ocean Cloud Connect".
- Upgrade Instructions for Existing Ocean Clients
- In order to take advantage of the new Ocean features that come with the TELUS API, you will first need to upgrade your Ocean custom form and toolbar.
- If you're a new client, proceed directly to Step 2.
- Enable OceanConnect on Your Ocean Custom Form
- This will allow you to connect to the new TELUS API and take advantage of its accompanying features.
- Add Your Ocean Cloud Connect "Mobile Device" in PS Suite
- In this step, you will create a new PS Suite user to host this "mobile device" and obtain the mobile activation code needed to register Cloud Connect as this mobile device.
- Note: You will need to be an admin user in PS Suite to complete this step.
- Set Up and Configure Ocean Cloud Connect
- The final setup step is to configure your Cloud Connect by entering the mobile activation code that you obtained in Step 3.
- Once successfully activated, your setup is complete!
The new Ocean toolbar has enhanced functionality that replaces the need to insert the Ocean custom form in the chart. You can learn more about these changes in "Moving to the New TELUS API – What You Need to Know".
Step 1: Telus Connection Request Form
Please enter your site number below to check if you need to complete the Telus Connection Request Form:
Complete the Telus Connection Request Form
Once we've received your request, we will confirm that we've received it and activate your site for the Telus API.
Have you signed your TELUS contract yet?
If you have signed your TELUS contract, move on to the next step. If you have not, please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please Try Again
That's not a valid site number. Ocean site numbers are four digits long and only contain numbers. If you're not sure what your Ocean site number is, please refer to "Where do I find my Ocean site number?".
Step 2: Update your Ocean Custom Form and Ocean Toolbar
Note Regarding Preexisting Toolbars
If you already have an Ocean toolbar installed, you will need to ensure the new .cfm filename matches your existing Ocean toolbar filename. Also, please note that any customized links that you may have added will be lost.
- Select "OK" when prompted to replace the existing custom form and make sure that PS Suite confirms that your custom form has been replaced successfully.
Create a reminder trigger for your toolbar.
- Skip this step if you were already using the standard Ocean toolbar.
- If you have never used the Ocean toolbar before, follow the steps in the article "Create a Reminder Trigger for the Ocean Toolbar".
Do You Have Your Own Custom Toolbar that Links to Ocean?
If you added a link to Ocean on an existing custom toolbar, the link will be not be supported once the new Ocean Toolbar is installed and activated. We recommend clinics remove any Ocean-related links from custom toolbars and rely on the Ocean Toolbar instead.
Access the advanced Ocean settings menu.
- Open the Ocean custom form in PS Suite by clicking on the Ocean logo in the toolbar.
- Confirm that your version is up-to-date (look for “v3.89” or later).
- Click the “Settings” button on Ocean custom form and enter your Ocean credentials.
Activate Ocean Cloud Connect.
Create a new PS Suite user, named "Ocean Connect".
- This Ocean Connect user will serve as a makeshift user that Ocean Cloud Connect will use when saving notes.
- You can create a user in the "Edit Users" dialog box that can be accessed from the dashboard, under the Settings menu (you will need administrative privileges in PS Suite to access this dialog).
Add a mobile device for the Ocean Connect user.
- Go back to the dashboard, open the Settings menu, and this time, select "Preferences".
- Enter your password to access the preferences dialog. Note that you will need administrative access to your PS Suite EMR to be able to access this dialog.
- Select "Mobile" from the list of preferences options along the left. Note that you will only be able to access this area if you have your mobile TELUS API set up.
Note: Depending on your version of PS Suite, the appearance and layout of the Mobile section may differ. Check which version of PS Suite you are currently running to determine which of the below instructions applies to you.
- Select "Device Management" on the left and proceed to select "Connect, Ocean" as your mobile device user.
- With the Ocean user selected, click the purple "Pair Device" button.
- You will then be prompted to select a calendar. Select any calendar and continue.
- Note: Selecting a calendar is solely used to help create an initial connection between your EMR and Ocean. Choosing a specific provider's calendar does not limit or lock you into only accessing their patients through the Ocean platform.