When you create an Ocean eForm of your own, by default, it is included in our shared public directory of forms. Therefore, any Ocean community will have access to your form and will be able to import the eForm into their own Ocean site to customize and/or use themselves. If you want to hide your eForm from the Ocean library, follow the steps below:
Learn how to use Ocean eForms most effectively, including setting up easy access to commonly-used forms and storing previous form values.
- Hiding an eForm from the Ocean Library
- eForms in Ocean's Core Library
- Search & Import eForms into an Ocean site
- Keeping Track of eForm Changes with eForm History
- Adding eForm(s) to a Website
There are over 2000 Ocean eForms in our core eForm library, available for all Ocean users to use. You can view this set of available forms in our Clinical Resource Library, the eForms view of the Ocean Portal, and/or the attached comprehensive list of core Ocean eForms (as of March 2017).
You can browse through Ocean's core library of eForms in our Clinical Resource Library. There, PS Suite users can also search for specific custom forms.
You can also search within the Ocean Portal in the eForms view for our core library of forms and any forms that you have created and/or customized.
To view a list of all eForms available to your site, click "More" and then "Export All Forms Accessible to This Site".
To see forms developed and/or edited by other Ocean sites, click "More", followed by "View Shared Forms".
You can peruse the attached PDF if you looking for a comprehensive list of existing Ocean forms.
Note: This list was updated as of March 2017. Forms added to the library after this date may not be reflected in this list.
The Ocean eForm Library contains core library eforms and customized eforms listed by other Ocean users. If an eForm is listed in the directory, it can be searched and imported into your own Ocean Library.
Search and Import eForms
- Log in to the Ocean Portal. Click the "Menu" button in the top left corner and select eForms.
- Click on the "More" button and select "View Shared Forms" from the dropdown menu of options.
- Search for your desired eForm, based on the site who created the form or the name of the form. Once you find the eForm, click it, and select the "Import" button
Once the form has been imported into your site, you have the option to edit the form, sever this form from the parent form (i.e. the original form created by the source site), or you can leave it linked. Leaving your form linked allows you to "Sync Form" to update your site's form with any changes made by the source site.
eForm History is a powerful feature in the eForm Editor that allows you to review changes made to a form and/or restore the form to any earlier saved versions.
- eForm History can be found within any eForm in the “Action” menu located in the top right corner of the eForm Editor.
- You can view your form's eForm History by selecting “View EForm History” from the dropdown “Action” menu.
- From the dialogue box that appears, you’ll be presented with a list displaying the entire revision history of the eForm, from its initial creation to the latest edit.
- Note: A new entry is added every time the “Save Changes” button is clicked.
- Each entry lists a creation timestamp, the user who made the changes, and two buttons: “Preview” and “Revert” (as described below).
- This will open a new window showing a preview of what the eForm looked like at the selected version. You can walk through and test the eForm from the perspective of a patient, as well as see what the resulting clinical notes will look like in your EMR (in the floating blue box).
You can add eForms to your website for patients to complete using Website Forms.
To learn how to set up a Website form, please refer to our Website Forms Set-Up Guide.