The first step is to configure all Appointment Types for all providers who will be using online booking. These Appointment Types will become available when configuring your Provider Schedules.
1. Navigate to Your Online Booking Settings
- Ensure you have met all of the Online Booking Prerequisites.
2. Appointment Type Configuration
- Enable/Disable EMR Appointment Type Mapping
- EMR Appointment Type Mapping is a feature that allows Ocean to book patients into your EMR and assign one of your pre-existing EMR Appointment Types to the booked appointment.
- When enabled, you will see the "EMR Appointment Type" column, where you can indicate the corresponding type of appointment that will be booked into your EMR schedule. In the example above, you can see that when a patient selects the "Initial Person Visit" Label, the patient will actually be booked into the EMR schedule using the "New Patient Visit" appointment type from the EMR.
- When EMR Appointment Type Mapping is used, you can also customize powerful restrictions for each type of appointment such as the maximum number per day of each type, and even restrict the types of appointments that can be booked into certain time slots throughout the day. Read more about EMR Appointment Type Mapping for online booking.
- Add Appointment Type
- This button will add a new row to the appointments table. There is no limit to the number of appointment types you can create.
- Refers to how the patient will see the appointment when booking online. We recommend giving each of your Appointment Type Labels a distinct name.
- Appointment Duration
- The duration is the length of the appointment that will be booked into your EMR schedule, in minutes.
- Select between "On Site", "Virtual", or "Offsite".
- If "On Site" is selected, the physical address of the clinic provided in your Directory Listing will be shown to patients on the booking confirmation page and within the confirmation email.
- If "Virtual " is selected, the booking confirmation page and confirmation email will not include the physical address of the clinic provided in your Directory Listing, and the following note will be appended instead: "Please do not go to the clinic for this appointment".
- If "Offsite" is selected, the booking confirmation page and confirmation email will not include the physical address of the clinic provided in your Directory Listing, and the following note will be appended instead: "Do not go to the clinic for this home visit appointment".
- This setting allows you to select the Medium for your appointment.
- When the 'Location' is set to 'On Site', the 'Medium' will default to 'In Person'.
- When the 'Location' is set to 'Offsite', the 'Medium' will default to 'Home Visit'.
- When the 'Location' is set to 'Virtual ', three 'Medium' options are available: 'Telephone Call', 'Virtual Visit Video', or 'Unspecified'.
- EMR Appointment Type
- Only available when 'EMR Appointment Type Mapping' is enabled.
- This allows you to select the specific EMR Appointment Type that patients will be booked into your EMR schedule with.
- If you've recently added a new appointment type to your EMR or if you notice a discrepancy in the EMR appointment types listed, try running a full schedule sync in Cloud Connect.
For Accuro and OSCAR Pro Users
At this time, Ocean cannot book appointments in your EMR and assign a "Reason" from the drop down field on the appointment.