The first step is to configure all Appointment Types for all providers who will be using online booking. These Appointment Types will become available when configuring your provider schedules.
- Ensure you have met all of Ocean's online booking prerequisites.
- Login to the Ocean Portal. Click the "Menu" button in the top left corner and select "Online Booking". Click the "Settings" button in the top right corner.
- Next to the Appointment Types heading, click Configure.
- Enable/Disable EMR Appointment Type Mapping
- EMR Appointment Type Mapping is a feature that allows Ocean to book patients into your EMR and assign one of your pre-existing EMR Appointment Types to the booked appointment. When enabled, you will see the "EMR Appointment Type" field, where you can indicate the type of appointment that will be booked into your EMR schedule. In the image above, you can see that when a patient selects the "In Person Visit" label, the patient will be booked into the EMR schedule using the "Checkup" appointment type.
- Add Appointment Type
- This button will add a new row to the appointments table. There is no limit to the number of appointment types you can create.
- Refers to how the patient will see the appointment when booking online. We recommend giving each of your Appointment Type Labels a distinct name.
- Appointment Duration
- The duration is the length of the appointment that will be booked into your EMR schedule, in minutes.
- Select between "On Site" or "Virtual". If "Virtual" is selected, the booking confirmation page and confirmation email will not include the physical address of the clinic provided in your Directory Listing, and the following note will be appended instead: "Please do not go to the clinic for this appointment".
- For PS Suite users only. This setting allows you to select the Medium for your appointment. Setting the Location to Virtual will provide two options: Telephone Call or Virtual Visit Video. On-Site appointments will default to In Person.
- EMR Appointment Type
- Only avaialble with EMR Appointment Type Mapping enabled. This allows you to select the specific EMR Appointment Type that patients will be booked into your EMR schedule with. If you've recently added a new appointment type to your EMR or if you notice a discrepancy in the EMR appointment types listed, try running a full schedule sync in Cloud Connect.
For Accuro and OSCAR Pro users
At this time, Ocean cannot book appointments in your EMR and assign a "Reason" from the drop down field on the appointment.