The first step is to configure all appointment types for all providers who will be using online booking. These appointment types will become available when configuring your provider schedules in step 2.
- Ensure you have met all of Ocean's online booking prerequisites.
- Login to the Ocean Portal. Click the "Menu" button in the top left corner and select "Online Booking". Click the "Settings" button in the top right corner.
- Next to the Appointment Types heading, click Configure.
- Enable EMR Appointment Type Mapping/Disable EMR Appointment Type Mapping
- Optional. EMR appointment type mapping is an optional feature that will allow for appointment type restrictions. This button will turn on EMR appointment type mapping. When this feature is on, you will see an added field called EMR Appointment Type. Read more about Appointment Type Mapping for online booking.
- Add Appointment Type
- This button will add a new row to the appointments table.
- Appointment Type Label
- Refers to how the patient will see the appointment when booking online. We recommend giving each of your Appointment Type Labels a distinct name.
- Appointment Duration
- Refers to the length of the appointment that will be booked in your provider's schedule, in minutes.
- Select between On Site or Virtual. If Virtaul is selected, the confirmation page and confirmation email will not include the physical address of the clinic and the following note will be appended instead: "Please do not go to the clinic for this appointment".
- For PS Suite users only.This setting allows you to set a medium for your appointment. Setting the Location to Virtual will provide two options: Telephone Call or Virtual Visit Video. On-Site appointments will default to In Person.
- EMR Appointment Type
- Optional. Select from a list of your EMR appointment types. If you've recently added a new appointment type in your EMR or if you notice a discrepancy in the EMR appointment types listed, try running a full schedule sync in Cloud Connect.
For Accuro users
At this time, Ocean cannot map to the Reason field in Accuro.