Appointment Type restrictions can only be applied if EMR appointment type mapping is on.
Video coming soon.
Note: Appointment Type restrictions can only be applied if EMR Appointment Type mapping is on.
If you decide to map to EMR Appointment Types, you will have access to appointment specific restrictions. These powerful restrictions allow you to customize the number of each type of appointment that can be booked on each day of the week, the frequency in which a patient can book each appointment type, and even restrict booking to only certain slots in your EMR schedule. These can be used individually, or you can combine their functionality.
- Only book in time slots with the following [EMR term] applied
- Using this restriction will allow you to set specific time slots, appointment suggestions or template slots in your EMR schedule that will only accept bookings of a certain appointment type. This is helpful if you have a type of appointment that should only be available for patients to book at a certain time of day, such as limiting only “Mental Health” appointments to be booked from 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM on Mondays and Wednesdays.
For a step-by-step guide on how to use this restriction, please see how to restrict the types of appointments that can be booked into a certain time slot.
- Book a maximum of ## visits per day on [day of the week]
- Using this restriction will allow you to limit the number of appointments of this type that are booked on a particular day. To add more days, click the Add Restriction button. For example, you may choose to only allow 5 “Virtual Visits” on Mondays.
- Prevent patients from booking another [Appointment Type] appointment within ## days
- Using this restriction will force the patient to wait a certain number of days before they can book an appointment of the same type again. For example, you could apply this restriction to a “Physical” appointment type and prevent patients from booking another “Physical” appointment within 365 days.