This step is optional. EMR Appointment Type mapping is required if you'd like to use appointment type restrictions.
Note: This step is optional. EMR Appointment Type mapping is required if you would like to apply appointment specific restrictions at the provider's schedule level.
Mapping your online booking appointment type(s) to EMR appointment type(s) will allow Ocean to book the appointment in your EMR schedule and assign it the defined EMR appointment type. Enabling EMR appointment type mapping will allow you to apply restrictions based on the appointment type when assigning appointments to your providers' schedules.
Important notes about Appointment Type Mapping
Please note that if you decide to map to EMR appointment types, you must map all appointment types.
If you change the name of your appointment type in your EMR, please revisit your Appointment Types configuration page and check that all appointments are correctly mapped. Ocean may not recognize the change in the EMR appointment type name, so it's always best to double check your appointment type configurations to ensure your appointment types for online booking are still being mapped correctly.
Additionally, Accuro and OSCAR Pro users must note that at this time, Ocean cannot book appointments in your EMR and assign a reason from the drop down field on the appointment.
Navigate to Ocean's online booking settings.
- Login to the Ocean Portal. Click the "Menu" button in the top left corner and select "Online Booking". Click the "Settings" button in the top right corner.
- Next to the Appointment Types heading, click Configure.
Enable EMR Appointment Type Mapping.
- On the left side of your screen, click the button Enable EMR Appointment Type Mapping. This will add a fourth column to the appointments table titled EMR Appointment Type.
- Use the Add Appointment button and configure the appointment(s) you would like to make available for online booking. Ensure each appointment is given a duration (in minutes).
- For each appointment defined in your table, you must select an EMR Appointment Type from the dropdown (this is a list of appointment types from your EMR). Ensure you do not leave any items blank in your table.
- When you are finished, click the Save button.
Where to find EMR Appointment Types