For clinics planning on using Patient Reminders: Ocean can change the appointment status to a desired code once they've been sent an automated appointment reminder email through Ocean. This step will walk you through how to edit the description of this customizable code status to something easily recognized like "Ocean Reminder Sent". This feature is separate from Ocean eReferral appointment emails, and requires users to have a patient messaging and reminders licence.
Prerequisite: For OSCAR Pro (WELL Health) Clients
There are a few steps that WELL Health must complete on your OSCAR Pro instance before getting started with Ocean. Please follow the steps and complete the form found on the following page: ocean.tips/oscar-pro-request. A CognisantMD team member will follow up with you.
Ocean will not automatically trigger a custom status in OSCAR PRO to provide a visual indication when a patient reminder has been sent to the patient. However, if you want to set a custom status in OSCAR Pro to reflect when a patient reminder has been sent to the patient, please follow the steps below.
Edit your Reminders Configuration within your Ocean site
- While logged into your Ocean site, click Menu in the top left corner and select Patient Reminders. From here, click Settings on the righthand side and then Edit Configuration to bring up the Reminders Configuration page.
- By default, Ocean will not change the appointment status in OSCAR Pro when a Patient Reminder has been sent to a patient. However, if you want the appointment status to change after a reminder is sent, simply click the dropdown and select the code you wish to use. Ensure you click Save after doing so.
Edit your appointment status setting in OSCAR PRO
- To set the specific custom status that will be displayed in your OSCAR PRO EMR when an Ocean Reminder is sent, begin by accessing the Administration panel. Expand Schedule Management and click on Appointment Status Setting.
- In this case, we chose to configure OSCAR PRO to display code e when a reminder is sent to the patient. You can edit the description, colour and the code itself by clicking the Edit button along code e. When you are finished making your changes, click Submit.
When configuring Patient Reminders, you have the option to configure appointment confirmations. This will allow patients to confirm their appointment via the appointment reminder. If this is enabled, the appointment status will automatically change to code h in your OSCAR PRO EMR. If you wish to change this from code h to something else, please follow the steps outlined on this page, but click on the dropdown under Appointment Status for Appointment Confirmations.
Check-in Kiosk Status
If you are using an Ocean Check-in Kiosk with your OSCAR Pro EMR, Ocean can automatically update the status of the patient's booked appointment when they check-in using the kiosk. You would first want to ensure that the "Check-In" tab of your kiosk settings is configured to your liking.
- Once the patient checks-in using the kiosk, Ocean will update the patient's booked appointment with the OSCAR status code "H - Here". This is not customizable.