Ocean fees are incurred only when you use our services. At the end of each month, an automated process will gather together all the "billable items" (i.e. days of tablet usage, web questionnaires sent, etc.) into an invoice and send it to the "payer" on your account, which you can set in the "Billing" section of the Admin tab of the Ocean Portal.
Between the 1st and 15th day of the month, please review the invoice that has been emailed to you and reach out to us at ocean.tips/support or give us a call to raise any concerns about your invoice. The charges are billed on the 15th day of the month.
- CognisantMD accepts payments from the following credit cards: Visa, MasterCard, and American Express.
- To enable automatic payments via credit card, sign into the Ocean Portal.
- Click on your name at the top right and select "View My Account" from the menu options.
- Navigate to the Billing tab. Click the "Add a Credit Card" button and enter your credit card information.
- Return to your site's home page and navigate to the the Admin tab.
- Enter the "Billing" section of the Admin tab (selected from the menu along the left). Confirm that the "Account Payer" at the top is set to your user name.
If you prefer to pay by cheque for 6 or 12 months at a time, please review "Can I pre-pay by cheque instead of automatic payments by credit card?".
When we receive your prepayment cheque, we will apply "credit" to your account. This credit will be used to pay for whatever Ocean services you use (or have used, if a balance is outstanding).
Once your credit runs out, you will start to get monthly invoices again. If this happens, don't panic - simply send us a message at ocean.tips/support to request another prepayment invoice, including the details about what you would like to purchase (e.g. "5 tablets for 12 months").
If you prefer to pay by credit card for 6 or 12 months at a time, please complete the "Prepayment Request Form."
Once complete, you will receive a copy of your prepayment invoice via email within 2 business days of your request, which will contain a link to pay the amount by credit card.