Note for Ontario Users: In Ontario, Ocean eConsults are currently in a limited release. For more information on eConsult in Ontario as part of the Ontario eServices Program, please review the Overview of eConsults in Ontario article.
Once you have claimed a Directory Listing claimed to your site, and set up the Directory Listing details, the next step is to configure the site-level features associated with receiving consults and/or referrals.
Select that your site is Receiving Referrals
- Log in to the Ocean Portal and navigate to the eReferrals page.
- Select the Settings button in the top right hand corner of the page.
- Note: The Settings button will only be accessible by Admin users at the site.
- Within the eReferrals page select the Configure Referrals button.
- Select whether your site is a Health Information Custodian.
- Set your default email for notifications regarding incoming eConsults and/or eReferrals. Further details on email notifications for receivers can be found here.
- Select whether you would like Ocean to automatically send patients email notifications regarding status updates for their referrals sent to your site. The list of email notifications patients will receive can be found here.
- If your Ocean site is integrated with an EMR, select whether you want Ocean to automatically create patient charts at the time of accepting consults and/or referrals for new patients.
- Choose which file format you would like Ocean to download your records and notes as. More details can be found here.
- Select if you would like Ocean to automatically mark booked referrals as completed, a specified number of days after the appointment date. Review this support article for more information.
- If your site is responding to eReferrals as eConsults, ensure the display of eConsult folders is set correctly.
- Set the Time System, Time Interval, and Time Range for your booking time dropdown, to allow for ease of use when booking referrals. More information regarding these settings can be reviewed in the following support article.
- Select Save, to save any changes made, and complete the configuration.