If you are a receiving site that accepts walk-in patients, you will want to enable the "Accept Walk-In" feature in your site.
This is an an optional part of setting up eReferrals.
If you are a receiving site that accepts walk-in patients (i.e. patients who can come in whenever they're available, without necessarily having a pre-booked appointment).
Follow the steps outlined below to enable this walk-in setup.
- Log in to the Ocean Portal.
- Navigate to the Admin tab and enter the "Directory Listings" section (selected from the menu along the left).
- In the "Service Details" panel, click on the health service offering for your listing that accepts walk-in patients.
- In the pop-up window, click on the blue text beside the "Wait Time 1" field to access the "Wait Time Information" dialog box.
- Now when you accept any new incoming eReferrals for this specific health service offering, the "Accept" option at the bottom of the referral will default to "Accept Walk-In".
- As usual, the "Import" window will appear, where you can obtain the patient's Ocean reference number. Accepting the eReferral will also move the patient directly into the "Walk-In" folder.