If your Ocean site receives referrals by phone or fax, you can convert these into Ocean eReferrals by creating an inbound Website form requests.
If your Ocean site receives referrals by phone or fax, you can convert these into Ocean eReferrals by creating an Inbound Website Form Request by following the steps outlined below.
- Log in to the Ocean Portal and navigate to the eRequests tab.
- Expand the "Actions" menu at the bottom left and select "New Inbound Referral".
- If there are multiple listings tied to your site, you will be prompted to select which listing the referral was directed to.
- Complete the patient information and all relevant fields on the referral form, including the date the referral was sent if it differs from the current date.
- Enter the referrer's information or click "Import..." to auto-populate the information from the referrer's directory listing.
- To import the referrer, type their name into the text box and choose their listing from the list of results.
Note: If any information requires updating, update these fields in the "Referrer's Information" pane of the eReferral and it will be saved for next time.
- When all of the information for the referral has been entered, click the "eRefer" button in the bottom right corner of the window.