Ocean allows PS Suite users to customize their eForms to pre-populate custom forms with answers completed using Ocean. This powerful functionality allows you to use your existing custom forms to record the patient's answers, in addition to the usual progress note added to the chart.
- One great example involves the standard CDM Diabetes custom form. Ocean has a CDM Diabetes History eForm designed for patients to complete. When the patient completes this eForm, either on the Ocean tablet or via an Ocean online questionnaire, Ocean will automatically add the custom form to the chart. The patient's answers, such as the patient's review of symptoms (e.g. hypoglycemia, pain etc.), automatically populate the corresponding checkboxes on the custom form.
- Note how the checkboxes in the screenshot have already been prepopulated, since the patient has completed the corresponding Ocean eForm.
Configuring the eForm for Custom Form Prepopulation
- To configure an Ocean eForm to load any PS Suite custom form, open your Ocean eForm in the eForm Editor.
- Add an invisible eForm formula item to the end of the eForm.
- Navigate to the "Scripting and More" tab and change the item reference to: 'pssCF'.
- Specify the exact, character-for-character name of the custom form in the item's "Formula", surrounded by single quotes (' ').
- Set "Show this field if" to "false" to make this item invisible (so that this field does not show up on the questionnaire when patients view it).
Configuring the Custom Form Field Mapping
- To map eForm items to PS Suite custom form items, simply ensure that they are named the same. Any eForm item with an item reference matching an item name on the corresponding PS Suite custom form will be automatically pre-populate the custom form's value.
- For example, an eForm item text field with reference "BP" will populate the custom form item with name "BP" with the text field value.
- Custom form checkboxes and radio buttons can be populated with Ocean eForm values as well. An Ocean value of "true" will mark the checkbox (or radio button) as checked.
- Please note that the support and troubleshooting for PS Suite custom form and encounter assistant automation is provided "as is". Beyond clarifying the points in this article, CognisantMD is unable to provide direct support for issues related to this functionality. If you need assistance, CognisantMD might be able to connect you with a third-party developer on an hourly basis (depending on availability).