By default, Ocean enforces a 24 hour cancellation policy. This means patients can cancel their appointments online, if they have emailed themselves a confirmation email, at least 24 hours before their scheduled appointment.
To change this cancellation window, you will need to add a formula item in your booking form. This formula item sets the cancellation window for the provider schedule its eForm is assigned to.
Add the ax_minHoursNoticeForCancellation item type in your booking form.
- Login to the Ocean Portal. Navigate to the Admin Tab and select Online Booking from the left side bar.
- Click Edit next to the provider's schedule you would like to edit.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click Edit Advanced Settings. This will reveal your booking form and post booking form.
- Next to your booking form, click Edit. This will open the eForm editor.
- In the eForm editor, click the green plus icon Add Item. In the General tab, set the caption to ax_minHoursNoticeForCancellation:$$. Set the item type to Formula.
- In the Note Formatting tab, for the field Create a note for this item: select Never.
- In the Scripting and More tab, set the item reference to ax_minHoursNoticeForCancellation, set Show this field if: false and in the Formula field, enter the number of hours for your cancellation window (e.g. entering 24 will allow patients to cancel their appointments 24 hours prior to their scheduled appointment via their cancellation email).
Warning: If you decide to edit your online booking eForm, do not edit the items referenced "appointmentType", "appointmentDuration" or "reasonForVisit". These are special item types that set the appointment details in your EMR scheduler.
The appointment types configured from Step 1 will be generated in a section with the item reference “appointmentType” in this booking form.
The appointment durations configured from Step 1 will be generated in a section with the item reference “appointmentType” in this booking form.
The "reasonForVisit" item will populate the patients response in the details field of the appointment in your EMRs scheduler.
It’s highly suggested that you do not edit these items in the booking form.