Configure your Ocean site to create new patients in your EMR.
- Login to the Ocean Portal. Click the "Menu" button in the top left corner and select "Admin". Click "Site Features" from the Admin Settings page.
- Check the box next to Allow accepted online bookings to create patients in your EMR.
Configure the provider's schedule and booking link to accept new patients.
- Login to the Ocean Portal. Click the "Menu" button in the top left corner and select "Online Booking". Click the "Settings" button in the top right corner.
- Under Provider Schedules, click Edit next to the schedule you'd like to accept new patients.
- In the "Who is allowed to book into this schedule?" field, select All Patients. Click Save.
Note: It's recommended that you use a booking form that captures basic demographics information (e.g. sex, telephone number or email address). Ocean's Online Booking - New Patient Intake is a good example.
Import new patient into your EMR.
- Login to the Ocean Portal. Click the "Menu" button in the top left corner and select "Online Booking".
- Locate the new patient who does not yet have a chart in your EMR. You can identify them easily by checking the schedule in your EMR and locating the patient who is booked with "(HN not in EMR: ##########)" in the appointment description. Review the patient and once you are ready for Ocean to create a chart for this patient, click the Import to EMR button. Ocean will prompt you if there are any issues upon import (this could be due to missing key demographic fields that Ocean needs to create a chart in your EMR).
- Open your EMR and review the newly created chart and note. Open the scheduler and assign the newly created patient to their appointment time slot.
For Med Access users
TELUS sets the status for newly created patients by Ocean as "Unconfirmed". Please ensure you login to your EMR, search for the newly created patient and change their status to "Active".