Receive a submission from your Website Forms.
Review the submission.
- Follow the link to the Ocean Portal. Click on the "Menu" button in the top left corner and select "Website Forms".
- You will find the new submission in the "New" folder.
Accept or Complete the submission.
- If this is a simple patient inquiry that can be answered with one reply, simply type your response in the "Comments for Referrer and Patient" box (in the Scheduling pane) and mark the request as "Completed".
- If this is an appointment request, once you've verified that this is a legitimate patient request, accept the submission.
Import the information into your patient's chart.
- For PS Suite users, if you have a patient chart with matching demographic data and your eForm is configured to map the patients health card number to the EMR, the notes will upload into the patients chart automatically.
If you are on an older version of the PS Suite Custom Form, you may need to open the patients chart in PS Suite, use the "Import" button in the Ocean toolbar and enter the import number provided in the import window manually.
For Med Access users, if you have a patient chart with matching demographic data and your eForm is configured to map the patients health card number to the EMR, the request should automatically flow into the patient's chart once it has been accepted.
- If you are using Accuro and there is a field in your form that is for the patient's health number and that field is mapped to the health number field in the EMR, the note from an accepted request will automatically be uploaded into the patient (with matching health number)'s chart in Accuro.
For OSCAR Pro users, if you have a patient chart with matching demographic data and your eForm is configured to map the patients health card number to the EMR, the request will automatically flow into the patient's chart once it has been accepted.
For OSCAR Classic users, an import number is provided in the "Import" window. Use the "Import" button on the Ocean Toolbar within the patient's chart in your EMR and enter the import number. The request will download into the patient's chart.
If you use non-integrated EMR, you can download the submission and upload it into your EMR as a PDF.
Note: If this was a simple patient inquiry, once you've marked the request as "Completed" and imported the note into the patient's chart in your EMR, then you are done processing this request (and can skip the rest of the steps outlined below).
Confirm the appointment booking (if applicable).
- If you have an "Email" field on your Website form, once you've saved the appointment booking, the patient will be sent an email containing their appointment details and an option to confirm their scheduled appointment.
- The patient will then move into the "Booked Unconfirmed" folder until either they confirm their appointment by clicking the button in the email notification sent to them or you manually mark them as confirmed.
- Once the patient has confirmed their appointment, they will then move into the "Booked Confirmed" folder of the Website Forms view.
Mark the request as completed.
- Once the patient's appointment date has passed, you can go back into the Website Forms view of the Ocean Portal to find their submission and mark it as "Completed".
- This will move the request to the "Completed" subfolder of the "Processed" folder.